Good company!

Hi everyone
glad to hear all of us great white northerners are congregating or going to be, in the DR. And everyone else of course. Looking forward to reading your advices and comments and perhaps putting my 2 cents worth here and there.
It'll be nice to watch “HNIC” at the Jolly Roger with some hosers.
Cheers, BSR

Welcome to the forums! You seem to have a great attitude about this!

Please add your 2 cents and ask questions as needed.

Hey thanks for the welcome.
I hope this will spark some debate,
did anyone do their immigration documents on their own, or was an agency used? Does anyone know if
Abreuimmigration is reputable? Is there anyone else out there we should look at?

It's not easy to do on your own. I recommend getting help. I do not recommend Abreu immigration.  Overpriced and issues with communication.

I have recommended Wilson Rood for years. Fair price and good service [email protected]

Greetings and welcome. I collected all the residency info and after reading many, many comments found herein, along with asking the occasional question, I have my local lawyers working on my Residency. I did all the work for paperwork required at the Dominican Republic Embassy in Ottawa. You can spend more and have the Embassy do all they have to do with all the documents you need to collect and seb them. One thing to always remember is that dealing with government here takes forever. I found that even the lawyers require questions weekly or every 10 to 12 days - keeping clients appraised in a timely manner doesn't seem to be part of the etiquette at least from those who I deal with. Good luck....

Yes do the home part yourself.  the part here I recommend a good lawyer and you must follow up!

Thank you Planner, been having trouble
finding information on this, I know it can take a while but 3 grand plus US per person seems a little steep. I'll look him up. Thanks again

3 grand each is ridiculous!   Wilson does it far more reasonably and always professionally!