Cadiz > Long Term Rental / Where to live? :)

Morning folks,

Around March next year, my wife, infant daughter and I will be moving to Cadiz Spain. We're hoping to live somewhere between Estepona and La Alcaidesa. We'll be looking to rent a property (long term - one / two years) rather than purchase one and our budget can stretch to £1200 PM at a max.

I think the kind of things we're looking for in an area are...

1. Somewhere with a nice mix of Spanish locals and ex-pats (my wife won't be working and so it would be nice for her to make friends quickly).
2. Close to the coast.
3. Reasonably close to a social center; restaurants and shops etc.
4. Somewhere that is not too much a tourist trap although I understand you can't "have your cake and it".

We're heading over to Cadiz in September to have a look around for an area where we might potentially lay our roots. Would anyone have any suggestions as to where we'd look? We're already planning to look around Estepona but if anyone would have any more granular recommendations it would be greatly appreciated.

Secondly, I've been keeping a close eye on the rental market in Cadiz, using sites such as idealista.com and propertysotogrande.com and can't help but notice you generally get very little for your money (on these sites anyhow). Is this the norm across the market? £1200 PM to seems to get you very little.

Exceptionally grateful to anybody who takes the time to read my post and offer advice.

Kind regards.

Apologies, as has just been pointed out, Estepona is in the Malaga province, not Cadiz.