Expat Health Insurance.

Hi guys. Just wondering if anyone has had a bad experience with WRLife Expat insurance?...  I would especially like to hear from anyone that has had a similar experience to mine when cancelling their policy. Some background on my siuitation. I took out a policy costing around $6000 Aussie dollars. After reading the fine fine print in the PDS I decided to cancel the policy immediately. I informed WRLife in writing to cancel my policy. That all went smoothly although my gripe is that I was informed by WRLife that I will have to wait several months for my refund to be deposited into my bank account, less of course the pro rata amount for the 8 day elapsed between when the policy was taken out and the day I cancelled it. I find this reasonable, the pro rata amount deducted for cover that is. It's with the refund taking several months is what I find unreasonable, maybe then again, I'm the one who is being unreasonable and that this is just the way it is? My problem with all this is that I don't have another $6000 to get insurance from another company until I have my refund which as I said, could be another two or three months ..... if I'm lucky. Has anyone in the Expat community experienced anything similar to my problem???  Even from other companies offering Expat insurance?? Anyone have any ideas that might make my life a little less worrying?  I actually live in Cambodia at the moment but plan on living in Vietnam at some stage so thought I'd ask my "neighbours" for some hopefully, comforting words. Come on "neighbours" across the border ..... put something positive my way please, pretty please!  I will say thanks in advance should you have even gotten this far in my post but more so, anyone with something constructive that might be useful for me and additionally, those likeminded individuals that are looking for Expat insurance in the future! Stay safe and hopefully in the not too distant future, we will catch up for a coldy (beer)!!!!

6000 Aussie dollars is seen so much for an healthcare insurance plan in Vietnam, I think...
Actually, I have no idea about WRLife and I think most of brokers in Vietnam have no information about this company.
Can you see anything about cancel term in the policy? If yes, what it talks about refund? Did you contact with the consultant who is in charge of your contract ask him/her for help. In case you did, don't forget to push their customer service (by mail, phone) :D. Very effective.

D. All of the above. Some BS about the way they do their accounts. Hopefully I'll have it by Christmas??? I live in hope ..... that I don't need to use any health facilities as until I get my refund ..... I'm staying off the roads and not venturing out of my villa. Better to be safe, very safe ... than sorry .... very very sorry!!

Hello, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I have never heard of WRLife Expat Insurance but my wife would be happy to set you up with a health insurance policy here in Vietnam when you are ready.

Hmm, hope you got your money back in the meantime.

I asked for their financials, did not get.

As I understand investors can be shareholders and insured persons also, moreover can earn points can convert in premium credit or shares, and get 15 % commission from introductions.
Much like a pyramid, but maybe legit, so far have not found any info.

However, as the UK mother company is a LLP, there are no shares to be had.
And if it were to be registered as a Thai company in future,
that would make it unattractive cos under Thai law insurance can be cancelled.

Unless I misunderstand the business model, at first sight it seems they offer a good deal.
What made me suspicious is that they ask money before accepting the new customer,
and I could not find the small print before hitting the pay button.

Wonder if anyone has additional experience with this fine Company ?

the last answer from the director france is that I must pay them back what they pay me to be wrong for 1.5 years !!! As per him they should not reimburse my Medecin, as they made wrong payment... during 18 months ???!, which is totally forbidden! this man who lives in french brittany is a real crook! It is not his first experience unfortunately  to,steal people!

Hi
I'll bet you're worried. I have been investigating the possibility of taking out a policy and this company seems too good to be true. Can you tell me where and to whom you paid? Did you request financial info from WrLife? Did you use a broker? I can help as it would help me to know more about them.  So far I have had to squeeze info out of them.

My email ***

Hope to hear from you.

All the best
Ron

Moderated by Priscilla 4 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum

Can your wife do Thailand?
That would be interesting!

Thanks
Ron

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : Please only post in English on the anglophone forum. Thank you.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

WRLIFE LLP
OC401682 - Incorporated on 10 September 2015
44 Broadway, Stratford, London, England, E15 1XH
WRLife is a BROKER in the UK has about 60.000 GBP revenue last reported SIX months period and no significant Capital.
about half went to cost of sales and admin, other half to expensed to Members of the LLP.
(source : account.companieshouse.gov.uk )
(so the Trees and Elephants are apparently under cost of sales or admin, not specified.)

L'assurance Participative SAS in France is a "doing business as" name.
The official name is "ASSURANCES GENERALES SERVICES" licensed throughout Europe.
PATRICK LORENTZ mentioned as insurance intermediary.
This intermediary primarily exercises this intermediation activity:
Insurance or Reinsurance Broker (COA);
This intermediary is not authorised to collect funds intended for an insured party or an insurance company (premiums or contributions)    -  (ORIAS website refers)

Then there is mention of NORFOLK Insurance in Nevis.
That company is indeed registered as a General Insurance.
The minimum Capital to register an insurance business over there is about 180.000 USD,
(from  www.nevisfsrc.com )
however financials seem not to be public what I do not particularly like.

Unless the WRLife sufficiently re-assures spending half of the revenue less admin cost,
I wonder how they can meet one let alone several claims to the maximum insured sum of one million dollars.

If the Insurance Idea gathers momentum, imho, they can succeed if they get a critical mass of customers.
but a few hundred customers (if that many) from expat communities I would not call a critical mass with sufficient spread of risk that would be sufficient to support a prudent insurance business.
Doing away with smoke and mirrors like <becoming a member of the business> or <getting shares> (in what? what business?) but instead publishing the whole structure, including convincing financials of Norfolk insurance, would be critical to gain such momentum.

my 2 cents,
in case of omissions or mistakes in the above, kindly correct me where I am wrong.

Any up-to-date information, all these are several years old.
Any up-to-date information, all these are several years old.
- @williamgdanson

If the date is not recent then is best to start a new thread on any questions you may have.

Closed