Landlord problems

Hi All, I am looking for any advice possible please.
Myself and my partner have been told by our landlord that we have to be out of the flat in July.
When we signed our contact last year it says that it would just continue over three years but he is now saying that he wants us out but yet he has not came up with any reason.
I have been told that since we paid a acency fee when taking out the lease then that covers us for the three years.
Any advice would be very grateful as I am stressed out with it.

Regards .

Donna Marie Devine

Was all this Don through a letting agency? If so what have they said? Do you have a contract, what is written in it about the termination period?

Here is a little 'light reading' which may dismiss many of the myths and wrong impressions people have about tenants and landlord Rights

I suspect that it will show that hardly any so called legal contacts are legal.

https://www.spanishpropertyinsight.com/ … banos-lau/

Thank you :D

Hi, Yes it was done through a agency who is the or was the landlords brother in-law.
I think that they have fallen out as we were dealing with the agent who has said to us that the contract continue automatically.
Now the landlord is saying that he is not prepared to renew it but he has not came up with any reason as yet.

Deano having just read my reference it appears you are ok the law is on your side

I hope so, thank you for taking the time to read and reply to my message.

Hi, Yes it was done through a agency who is the or was the landlords brother in-law.
I think that they have fallen out as we were dealing with the agent who has said to us that the contract continue automatically.
Now the landlord is saying that he is not prepared to renew it but he has not came up with any reason as yet.

Just for interest

I believe that probably most letting, whether privately or through a agent, are probably not 100% legal, that is according to the requirements of law

Over my years in spain I have become aware of very many professionals in all fields who are very poorly informed   Certainly more of them than those who are competent. Thus one should be aware that advice from such, may very likely  be incorrect