Looking to move to Mauritius

Hi all,

Chris and Joanna, coming from Switzerland. We're investigating a move, either to pursue opportunities or as early retirement. We'll be visiting in October/November and hope to get some information and contacts from this site by then and beyond.

HI dear,

Note that am here can help you to look for a good deal in mauritius,

please asked you question.  Am shirley and i stay in the north.

Hi all it seem like i found out the law for foreign people has changed in order to buy a house.
If i understood well the minimum is 6 millions and the priperty has to be on a building.
did i understand correctly?

Moamed79 wrote:

Hi all it seem like i found out the law for foreign people has changed in order to buy a house.
If i understood well the minimum is 6 millions and the priperty has to be on a building.
did i understand correctly?

This is for an apartment, not a house.

Minimum MUR 6 million and located in a building or more than 2 storeys

Yes i believe i understood correctly then.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Irrelevant
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Chris & Joanna,

The Expat Guide is good starting point: https://www.expat.com/en/guide/africa/mauritius/

Happy reading.

Cheers
GJ

Hello Chris and Joanna.

Welcome to the Community.

If you are looking for a tranquil family home on the beach in the south of Mauritius for rent, please let me know.

It will be quite a change from Switzerland!

Cheers.

Hi, I am from Mauritius, but currently living in Canada. Planning to buy a property and rent until I am ready for retirement. Went to Mauritius in March after 23 years. Visited the whole island and I really liked Medine Uniciti upcoming development in Flic- en-Flac. It's going to be a live, work, learn, enjoy smart city. Check out their website: [link moderated]. I like the fact that they are planning to have a hospital and retirement village within the development. The residence will have sea view and it's a couple of minutes to the sea by car.