Flower delivery

Hello everybody, soon it will be my best friend birthday,she is based here in the city and I would like to send her some flowers.

Do you know some reliable flower delivery in Budapest???

Also where can I buy an English birthday card,from which "konyvtari"/bookshop? Since she do not speak hungarian I need an english message inside the card.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Girlie wrote:

Hello everybody, soon it will be my best friend birthday and I would like to send her some flowers.

Do you know some reliable flower delivery in Budapest???

Also where can I buy an English birthday card? Since she do not speak hungarian I need an english message inside the card.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

You could try moonpig.com, which is a British/Australian online card service. I wouldn't say it's cheap but they will post a customised card in English to anyone, anywhere. They will also post it to you, so you can sign it and directly give it to your friend if preferred.

They also do flowers but no idea how much that would cost or how they do it. Years ago there was a flower delivery service that could be used internationally called Interflora. Don't know if it still exists.

Hi,

As always, I can only help with the Hungarian search term :-)

Flower delivery service is "Virágküldő szolgálat":

http://www.google.com/search?q=vir%C3%A … g%C3%A1lat

Some have international (nemzetközi) in their name, I guess those should allow you choose English cards or at least ones with all-custom text.

I don't know names of stores, but I remember seeing a big card shop and florist in Budapest... my memory tells me it was down the street from St. Stephen's Basilica, I'm sorry, that may not be much help!  Haven't been there since September.  They may have english cards, or i remember a big paper, book and art supply store in the mall at MOM Park.

But if she lives in Budapest, she should at least learn "Boldog Szuletesnapot", maybe you could give her a Hungarian birthday card to make her feel welcome?  Or, as an artist, I will always suggest making one yourself!  It's much more special, and you can use any language you like!  I like to make multi-lingual cards on cafepress.com/jessforromania.448491973 :-)  I should start my own shop in Budapest!

Thanks everybody for your replies,fluffy,szocske and octobop.

I will find the best solution available in Budapest for what I need.

I just thought that, there might be some services online similiar with the one in UK who delivers flowers, gifts and what ever you want to any address.

Fluffy is too expensive your idea, but thanks again.

Octobop,I like your forward thinking of doing a card by yourself!

Girlie wrote:

Octobop,I like your forward thinking of doing a card by yourself!

I have a vague feeling there's an art shop in the Mammut Shopping Centre (Moscow Square - red metro) that sells all those sorts of things to make you own cards.

(Moderated)

I have (surprisingly) found some cards in English/Hungarian in both DM and Tesco in Arena. Totally random finds, but it's worth a try!

I'm sure I've seen plain picture cards with no message that you can write yourself and will probably be appreciated more than one where you sign your name to someone else's words.