Moving to Singapore

Hello every one ,

Me and my family ( husband and my 7 year old daughter ) are moving to Singapore on work visa my husband though we have been to Singapore 3 times on project on and off , but this is time it's a full time job .

We were in Dubai for 3 years then moved to India for for 6 months and now to Singapore . I have a query for school for my daughter and also the Gud and reasonable place to live with ok rent . As my husband will be getting 11000 dollars ( after tax). His office is located in Cecil street .

Please help us with ur valuable opinions and suggestion really need it , we will be moving by mid of next month .

Congrats and welcome to Singapore.

I have requested many times that all the expats who come here before asking any questions, please go through the threads (based on categories). It will help you to understand about Singapore and secondly, it will solve your queries. Both of your queries are very generic and discussed several times in past.

Please read the previous threads.

Your salary is above average, so unless you make expensive lifestyle choices, you will be o.k. - but by no means rich: Singapore was just rated the world's most expensive city AGAIN!
The major expenses would be rent (S$2000-5000/month depending on class and location - read more about it on the forum!), school (approx. S$500/month for local school - which is difficult for foreign kids to get into - or S$1500-3000/month for international schools, day care enrolment for pre-schoolers would cost around S$1000/month). Having a car in Singapore is an expensive (an unnecessary) luxury at S$1500/month and up (depending on the type of car and usage).

Hi All

I'm newbie, just got an offer of SGD 9000, since my projects are out of singapore, thus I mostly travel from Monday to Friday. Is it advisable to stay in JB or Singapore as I'm planning to move my family (wife and 10-month daughter) from KL to JB / SG. Thanks for your advise.

Regards
Alston

It is not possible to get a residence visa for Malaysia when you actually work in Singapore, so this possibility to live in JB only applies to you if you are Malaysian or get a Malaysian residence visa by other means (e.g. as investor or MM2H). The details of this you can ask on the Malaysia forum, not here.
Despite it being the most expensive city in Malaysia, the cost of living and especially property prices are still much lower in JB than in Singapore. However, you must consider the lengthy and costly commute and the high level of crime and lack of good schools and other amenities in JB. The quality fo life is certainly much higher in Singapore.

Thanks for your prompt reply. By the way, which place in johor is safe to stay, gate and guarded , condo?

You probably better ask this on the Malaysia forum.
Iskandar Puteri is an artificial town geared towards foreigners investing to live in Malaysia and thus has all the safety features such people expect (and prices to match). I wouldn't want to live in such a bubble.
My relatives in Gelang Patah (near the second link) say that it's saferthere than elsewhere in Johore, This might be due to the fact that they are part of the grown community.

Good morning. Thanks Beppi.