Customs regulations

Hello,

i want to know the customs regulation in Belgium in case of expat moving to work in Belgium, what kind of goods i can bring with me without problems or taxation? what kind of items or quantity of things that i can't bring with me? example how many bottles  of alcohol ? can i bring olive oil? what about cheese products? books and clothes? accessories and used tools?....etc

many thanks in advance.

federal public service foreign affairs Customs import and export goods are regulated at the international level. the information listed below relate only property for your personal use. goods to commercial are subject to specific rules. you can take your personal effects (toiletries, camera, jewelry), without these are struck a right of entrance to your back in Belgium. for some devices or articles value, Customs can However you ask him demonstrate that you do not have acquired during your trip. keep proof of purchase of these objects (invoice or good warranty). services Customs information, including the coordinates are times at the end of this chapter, you will provide additional information in this matter. Customs duties relating to purchases to abroad rights applied will be based on the country where you just; they will be different depending on whether the purchase has been made or not in a country of the European Union. travel within the country EU member you can bring free any product acquired (inclusive of all taxes) in another country of the European Union and EC, provided it is intended to your personal use and that it s'act no vehicles. the notion of personal use excludes Inter alia any possibility of commercial use. you can be brought (an) to justify, especially would is a question of goods hit excise. in this matter, limits indicative (likely to changes) However been fixed: for example, 800 cigarettes, 400 cigarillos, 200 cigar, 1 kg of smoking tobacco, 110 liters of beer, 90 liters of wine - including 60 liters maximum of sparkling wine -, 20 liters of appetizers, 10 liters of spirits, etc. warning: if you return a zone belonging to a country of the European Union but enjoying a special scheme with regard to VAT or excise (for example: the Canary, the channel Islands, Martinique, Guadeloupe), you will be subject to conditions applicable to travelers from a state non-member of the European Union. on the other hand, transitional measures are application for new member States of the EU. contact this topic cell information administration Customs (see below). travelers from a state non-EU member in principle, the control Customs will apply more particularly in the case where, from a state non-member of the European Union, you entreriez (for the road, train, the boat or by the airway) in the territory of a member state. at that time, you belong to declare goods acquired out of the European Union, whether in a store duty or not, beyond franchises following: tobacco: 200 cigarettes or 100 cigarillos or 50 cigars or 250 grams tobacco fumer.boissons: 4-liter still wines and 16 liters of beer and 1 liter of spirits, or 2 liters of intermediate goods (up to 22 °) or 2 liters of sparkling wines. goods other than those mentioned above: total value maximum per person (this franchise is limited 175 euros for travelers under 15 years old) air travelers and maritime: 430 eurosautres travelers (land or aviation, navigation tourism private): 300 euros beyond this amount, tariffs and VAT are due. franchises for tobacco and alcohol are granted only travelers aged 17 years at least. restrictions general transport, a across countries, some objects and products been restrictions or prohibited. we give a brief overview below: some animal and plant species: it is a question not only live animals, but also parts thereof (shellfish, including those picked up on a Beach, teeth crocodile, scales turtles) or objects made by-shooting thereof (statues Ivory), of certain meat and cold cuts (not just for reasons health), of certain plant species or floral, including sometimes some vegetables or fruit. firearms and ammunition: you the transportiez to the practice of a sport (hunting and fishing) or as remember, consider restrictions imposed by Customs. a special permit may be necessary. counterfeit: in several countries, it offers counterfeit of luxury items by top brands such watches, scarves, CDs, etc. warning: the purchase and import offs are yet prohibited. during the checks, counterfeit can be confiscated and traveler can be imposed a fine from 50 to 20.000 euros. cultural property or religious: some antiques value, art or religious can not leave the country without Express authorization special. information about Customs formalities you can get details additional on formalities Customs contacting the SPF finance, cell information headquarters Customs and excise duty: http://fiscus.fgov.be/interfdanl/fr/index.htm the animal and plant species protected the specialized services public service federal public health, safety of the food chain and environment can answer questions relating to animals and plants protected (www.votresouvenir.be). the organization traffic Europe (Tel. 02 / 343.82.58) respond also your questions to about and will send you, if any, documentation about it.

thank you very much for those useful information.

Hello guys,

Can anyone share the experiance about items being to belgium from abroad ? like alcohol, cheese,  appliances, tools, oil, ...etc

How it works in the customs ?

Nabila.jdoa wrote:

Hello guys,

Can anyone share the experiance about items being to belgium from abroad ? like alcohol, cheese,  appliances, tools, oil, ...etc

How it works in the customs ?

This LINK will explain all.

@SimmCityAT which link you mean? The one in the previous reply?

I want to hear from the members ,
How was there experiance in this topic?

Nabila.jdoa wrote:

@SimmCityAT which link you mean? The one in the previous reply?

I want to hear from the members ,
How was there experiance in this topic?

https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/i … ring-eu_en

thank you so much

Hi, was anyone able to ship alcohol to Belgium? I know we are allowed to carry alcohol in our check in luggage, but has anyone tried to ship it with their belongings?

Hi,

You can always try.  But don't be surprised if your suitcases are opened when passing by customs ...

Swethamani wrote:

Hi, was anyone able to ship alcohol to Belgium? I know we are allowed to carry alcohol in our check in luggage, but has anyone tried to ship it with their belongings?

You can but to be the safe side its best to declare it.

These are personal allowances for travellers over 18 years of age:

4L of wine and 16L of beer and 1L of spirits over 22% volume or 2L of alcoholic beverages less than 22% volume; the goods have to be with you/them, not sent in unaccompanied baggage.  Anything above these limits must be declared on arrival and you'll pay taxes on the value, so bring receipts.

If you are caught illegally importing stuff or not declaring excess amounts, all of your luggage (the means of transport) can be confiscated and you can be denied entry into the country until the matter is resolved.  It's not worth it.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Yes, thank you! This is useful.