How to Ship 8 Cats to PR

Aside of making multiple flights with each cat in a single carrier, does anyone know of an airline or service that allows shipment of a larger number of cats at once? I'm thinking 3 large checked carriers so they have some room. But is that even an option? Or is there a service out there for this that I can't find?

We'd want to do it a way that is affordable, yet still comfortable for the cats. My Grandma is a bit of a crazy cat lady and I'm trying to convince her to retire and move down with us. She won't go without these cats!

Not sure but I would call United and Jet blue. They should be able to accept a crate or two with the animals. They will need recent vacinations and vet health certificate of less rhan 30 days.

Jut what PR needs... 8 more cats  :D

Seriously, though, I would check with the airlines.  JetBlue would likely be the best deal.  Good luck!  Would you mind posting an update with what you find? 

Ann

Likely you will need a crate to put all 8 cats in. JetBlue , call them.

Well, they say the Spanish brought cats to OSJ to control the rodent population... may as well bring 8 more.

Also check with American Airlines.  I had a pleasant experience with them bringing my cats down.

Hi I seen your comment wanted to ask you what did American airlines required when you flew with your cats ? I'm also moving to PR in 30 days and have 3 cats I recently saved from an abusive home . They are doing amazing. Taking then to the vet next week I am sure they don't have any vaccines. But I will have them done when I go to the vet next week  how did your cat fly

Don't forget that you need to get a certificate of health for each cat