Social security

I get $1000.00 every month. I'm looking for a studio or 1 bedroom apt. With full bathroom. Can this be done? Thank you, bob

Is the $1000 the whole amount to put for rent ?
If so. Yes but time consuming
Better to get it done through an agency

2- it depends where u wanna live. In Tunis yes in banlieue Nord .. Little bit harder
Good luck

1000 dollars? I'm assuming us dollars because of the symbol. 1000 is dollars is roughly 2300 Tunisian dinars. If you live outside any city center it is more than enough to live on including rent food and transportation. The farther you get from Tunis the more your money will get you. For example 6 or 7 km from the city center of sfax you can get a two bedroom with bathroom and living room for 300 dinar about 180 is dollars. The next town over you may be able to rent a whole villa for 400.
I've heard Tunis is crazy expensive for housing but souse is a little better and if you don't mind living farther away from the hubs you can get more bang for your buck.
I would check tyarra ( I don't know the spelling exactly) it's the French version of craiglist and there is a lot of ads for apartments and houses for rent. If you know anyone in Tunisia I would ask them as well. Anything advertised on travel websides or the like will be priced with tourism in mind better to do it the old fashioned way with word of mouth.
Good luck!

Thank you for your reply. I was hoping it would be like that. Bob