Any beaches here???

My hubby and I are at the brink of accepting teaching jobs, BUT coming from Florida,I can't imagine not being near a beach.  Please, tell me that there are beautiful beaches here.... Please

Welcome on Expat.com caribfamilia

hello caribfamilia...

i'm not really sure of the answer to your question, but i will be moving to qatar in september and am also a floridian (tampa). where have you been offered a job? i've accepted a job at english modern school. perhaps we can get together :)

Hello every one and welcome to Qatar all :)

here are some information about beaches in Qatar, hope you gonna enjoy your stay and please don't hesitate to contact for any kind of help or information :)

On the west coast, there are very good beaches at Zekreel and along the coast near the Dukhan oil fields. This includes the "palm tree" beach near Umm Bab.

However, north of Doha offers the most options for beach lovers.

Al Simaismah, on the road to Al Khor, is well worth a visit, as is Al Khor itself and the area to its immediate south-east.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hi and welcome to Qatar

One of the most famous and popular beach in Qatar is Sealine... the 5 start resort beach sometimes offering the food included to the entry... it is beautiful and well worth trying...

thanks all for your info--@shanno- my position is w/ the taallum group- the specific school is KG Dafna