The jobs that are the most in-demand for expats in Bolivia

Hello,

We invite you to share some information regarding the job market for expats in Bolivia. This information will be incredibly helpful to anyone considering moving there, so we're very grateful for your contribution.

What are the types of jobs that are easily accessible to expats in Bolivia?

What are the ones most in-demand for expats?

Which industry and/or jobs have limited workforce?

Are there any existing surveys, data, or reports done regarding this topic?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Bol. is an importing country, imports almost anything/everything.  My guess is someone with trade experience might give it a try with companies from his/hers country of origin or any other country. It requires some web research.  Start with materials like this:  https://photos.state.gov/libraries/boli … panies.pdf . All foreign embassies will be glad to help giving advice and responding such enquiries. At least you'll get the idea. After that dig deeper! Looking for any job? It is definitely a wrong country at least during the present populist policies, government and de facto dictatorship. In services, information sector could be a choice to get by. E.g. doing and maintaining websites, FB sites. Here I can perhaps help, depends on the professional level. NB For this, one can be anywhere in the world. I do not want to display my email publically but Priscilla could decide to channel a few inquiries to my mail. Ex pat is an altruistic site and so are my intentions. Best, Dr. Ocho

Generally, good jobs are not easy to come by here in Bolivia. There are lot's of offers of businesses looking for sales people, manual workers,  secretaries or administrators. The pay is generally very poor, both for high and low skill jobs and some companies have tricky work hours.