New members of the Russia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Russia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Russia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello! I am currently in my last year of my four year BSN (bachelor of science in nursing) program at Indiana University in Indianapolis. I will be sitting for my NCLEX-RN exam to receive my registered nursing licence. This career is something I would like to carry over into my expat project. I also recently obtained TEFL certification, because teaching English is a second option for me in Russia. I have wanted to move to Russia for at least three years now, and have been teaching myself the language through Rosetta Stone and simple immersion. I have done fairly well with no teacher, but I still struggle with translating/understanding what a native Russian speaker is saying when they're talking quickly. I am able to read Russian with little effort, and it's becoming more natural for me to write in that language. There's also a small Russian community near me, and I try to practice my Russian at least 3 times a week with a native speaker. Before I apply for a licensure in Russia, I would like to be completely fluently and confident in speaking Russian. At this rate, I'm realistically planning to move to Russia in about 2 years, and would like to stay for at least a year. It's always a bit difficult to live in the Midwest, because they look at me like I'm insane when I say I want to move to Russia. And to be fair, I'm not completely sure why I love it so much. It probably has something to do with my admiration for Leo Tolstoy! The most important thing on my bucket list is to see Yasnaya Polyana. I also have been collecting a few items of Russian Gzhel throughout the years. I know I've said a lot here, but I'm really just hoping to prepare and fine-tune all my plans in the coming months/years for my eventual departure from the US. I hope this website can help with that, and I also hope I can make a few connections in the process.

Hi!
New Zealander currently living in UK and hoping to move to Moscow this year. Bit dismayed about current UK diplomatic row :-(. Should I worry? I have visited Moscow already and think it looks fascinating and amazing. Am already starting to learn the language.
Have been reading lots of books about Russia- what an absolutely fascinating country, history , culture!
:-) Sara

Hello Sir ,

My name is Manpeet . I am from India . I would like to welcome you .

Hi everyone.
I've been living in Saint-Petersburg for the past 10 years. I'd describe myself as a citizen of the world as I have lived and worked in North America, Europe and Asia. I've still got some more continents to visit before I am really a citizen of the world, but, globally on the right track.
I am an entrepreneur in the educational sphere. I set up an English language school in Saint-Petersburg 5 years ago. We are very active with the local IT community. We help local companies develop their business internationally (sales, customer service, public speaking in English) and foreign companies set up their teams in Russia (business communication in English, cultural differences, hiring, team management, company strategy, work processes).
I'm happy to help out anyone with questions on living in Russia and doing business in Russia.

Hi I would like to work in ur company ..and I am a bachelor's in Hospitality degree holder..any jobs for me plz suggest me asap

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Proposing or promoting your own services ??
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Anna!

I am glad to see you in the forum.  I am planning on moving to Yoshkar-Ola in Marij-El this fall (my sweetheart lives there), and when I come, we will probably spend a vacation in Moscow.  She actually asked me if I couldn't do something like what you are doing, but in western Canada which I know very well!  Для русских, конечно - я мог бы  дать им очень приятное время здесь, с открытием прекрасной дикой природы в горах, даже когда они не говорят по-английски.  У Вас есть некоторые контакты, которых интересуют такая идея?

Привет,
Моэнс

You will love Saint Petersburg!

Am here to introduce myself
my name is Samy, from Cairo Egypt, and am here to ask some questions related to Russia, and find somebody who can help.

hi, how are you? I'm coming to Moscow on 18-JUN-2018 to attend the world cup matches for just few days. I've seen your profile and I really liked it, I wish you may help me to explore the town and have great time together.
Regards,
Ayman

Dear
Good luck and don't forget to share us your moment  ;)

Thank you for your message, I don;t know any one till now and I wish to find someone to enjoy our time0.
Hope to find that persone

Dear Egyptian guy
Am really sure that fun from the world cup will be more than fun from dating with Russian girls
so enjoy the competition  ;)

Sure I do, Egyptian Guy, although i can feel sarcasm from you words, but I feel that it's a my way not yours to decide.

Hi Anna,

I noticed your reply to me got censored - please resend it privately.  Use e-mail ***

Moens

Moderated by Christine 6 years ago
Reason : please share your contact via your private message system. Thank you.

Hello everyone,

Let me reminds you that this topic is about the introduction of new members of the Russia forum.

Thank you

Julien wrote:

Hi all,

Newbie on the Russia forum? Dont know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Russia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello -

My name is Todd Pereira, and I am new to this site.

I registered here because I am a US Citizen interested in relocation to Moscow - My wife and daughters live there (born and raised), and my our Son and I live in America. We are in immigration process for them to come to America, but at this time it would seem the process is interminable. I am considering taking a job in Moscow so our family can be together.

I am a long time IT Engineer/Professional with a broad range of skills, and am hopeful a company in Moscow may find me useful.

This is merely an introductory message, as I get to know the forum and some of the people registered here I may have some specific questions about life in Russia, suggestions for possible employers, etc.

Thank you for reading my message and I look forward to getting to know some of you.

Sincerely, Todd

Hello! you are in russia now?

Hi I live in Moscow, Russia. Who plans traveling to Moscow ask a questions, I'll try to advise something

Hello Garri -

No, I am still in the U.S. ... I was going to come to Moscow for holiday in June or July, but the World Cup has made that very difficult. I will probably have to wait until the end of July or early August to visit. My wife and daughters are in Moscow, this is where they were born and raised. She comes to visit me in the U.S. a few times each year which is very nice, but then she goes home to Russia. We are only able to spend maybe 4 weeks of the whole year together, and then we are apart the remainder of the year. This is a difficult arrangement for our family of course, but it's the best we can do for now. This is why I am considering finding a technology job in Moscow so I am able to come there and our family can be together.

Thanks, Todd

Hello, I have been living in Omsk, Russia since December of 2015. I moved here because this is where my wife is from and we have a small daughter together. I am from Detroit, Michigan in the United States. I am medically retired from the military and as a police officer after having been injured in the Iraq War in 2003. I have not been able to learn Russian yet and it is a huge hindrance for me while living here. It also has prevented me from obtaining my TRP due to the Russian laws about a language test requirement. I am pursuing my bachelor's degree in Police Administration and Operations with a minor in Psychology online at SNHU.

Hi, Garry. Yes in Russia

I am Alexey. I am a local Russian and I offer Russian language help. I studied art when I was young. I  work as English language tutor and a tour guide. Untill 2013 my contact was in Rick Steves guide book in Petersburg section. I was a translator for a pop group Bad Boys Blue when they were visiting my city. I love art, travelling and have been to many countries in Europe and Asia. I cannot upload my picture on this post

Hello!
I'm from Belarus. It's near Russia. I'm native Russian speaker, so i can help you with improving your Russian just so))

Hello all :)

My name is Craig from Cleveland, Ohio. I am currently living in St Petersburg Russia. I am a writer, specifically screenwriting and story structure, but of course all types of writing are in my wheelhouse. I am currently looking for work in the city. I have been looking at the postings and sending out CVs but if anyone has any leads or tips I am all ears. Thank you so much and a pleasure to meet you all.

Hi all,

I will spend 2 weeks in August in Moscow (perhaps St Petesburg as well) and I would love to meet up with locals and others who can speak English. My Russian is very basic...

If you would like to do something fun, let me know :)

Kind regards,

Lilian

Thank you

Hello to all.
My name is Tatyana I'm looking for new job in Russia, Moscow.
Never work in Russia. But I hope I will.
My native language is Russian and Bulgarian.

HI,
I'm retired and the kids are out of the house.  I'm in my mid 50s and not ready to settle down yet.  While in the U.S. Army I learned some Russian and was fortunate to visit Russia in the Summer of '92.  I've thought about moving there for an extended visit, and possibly longer if I like it. 

I'm retired U.S. Military and was wondering if there are any other military retirees who've made the move and what challenges they faced. 

Cheers.

i used to meet many English speakers in Russia and had an experience of teaching Russian language as foreign language. I am 58. I worked in tourist industry a lot but my training was in art

Hi Lilly, I am Alex a native Russian from Petersburg. I speak ok English, I beleive. I introduced myself on the site expat. I know museums and highlights of my city. Write if you like

Thank you write more if you wish

Hi Alex,

So you live in St. Petesburgh, right?

Lily

Hi Anna,

I will arrive on August 18. Shall we arrange to meet up to chat and go somewhere?

Hi All,

I am an Anthropologist and Archaeologist working mostly on social performance or resettlement type programmes. I have an interest in different cultures and communities. I have worked in the field since 2005 and mostly travelled to countries in Africa as well as Western Europe. I am interested to work and live in Russia.

Yes, Lilly, I live in Saint Petersburg (Peter for short). Yes, let us arange a meeitng.  I do not have any plans for the middle of August .

I do not know if I answered the right message.

Yes in Petersburg

Hi All

I'm Dahir Deria and I would like to come and stay in Russia and I wish it is possible to come in tourism visa and change to student visa so I can leave Russia longtime till I get Resident Visa.

So my I wondering to asking you my friends is it that possible to change tourism visa to student visa.

Regards,
Dahir

Closed