New members of the Indonesia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

hi all, i work in rasuna,, just come and chit chat,, maybe a cup of coffee will be great..

Hi Marry, thank u for sharing your story. I am planning to move to Jakarta and looking for a job urgently. Could please help me if you have any in your organization. Thanks

Hi all!

New here. Currently looking at the possibility of moving to Bali (no concrete plans so far) from Malaysia. Looking at work and housing options. I've got ten years of experience in account management and sales, but i have a feeling that's not going to be very relevant on the island? Apart from that I also do freelance video filming/photography and art direction work ... I wonder if there is a market for that sort of work at all over there? Any tips would be super helpful, thanks!

Hi everyone,

Its really nice to chat here with all of you, your sharing is very informative and supportive , I am married from beautiful Indonesian lady and visited Indonesia several times , next time will be in June 2018 and my aim is to make an effort to look for friends who have been their and can give some tips of how to utilize my experience over their by working or even start small business ( nothing in my mind about the type of business i can do), but I am sure that your insights will lead to success.

Thanks
Mamdouh

Hi,

Maybe you can try the HHRMA Bali website if there is any particular job you looking for.

Yes we are Indonesia.

Thank you

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
JillianTan wrote:

Hi all!

New here. Currently looking at the possibility of moving to Bali..............I also do freelance video filming/photography and art direction work ... I wonder if there is a market for that sort of work at all over there?

Market - Very probably.
Ability to get a work permit when there are so many local companies in the game - debatable.

Hello all,

I have just shifted to Indonesia from India and have joined a global nutrition company. I am currently looking out for a 2 BR fully furnished rented apartments near Simatupang, Jakarta. Please help if possible. Thanks!

Pritesh Shetty wrote:

Hello all,

I have just shifted to Indonesia from India and have joined a global nutrition company. I am currently looking out for a 2 BR fully furnished rented apartments near Simatupang, Jakarta. Please help if possible. Thanks!

OLX or other sites are likely to produce results.
Also google 'rumah disewa <area>

Hi - I'm Jonn from UK and just joined here today - I finish work in UK in 2 months and am planning to visit Bali for a month or two - I have never been so I will be asking some dumb questions so I apologise now :) thx Jonn

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
Don't worry about the odd silly question, we all have to learn the ropes.

I'm Tom (*1948) from Germany where I worked as a high-school art-teacher. I married a Minahasa woman in 1975 and moved to her birth-place on North Sulawesi in 2000. There I built a house and a jungle - and lost my wife to the internet. Since 2017 I'm living as a hermit and Indonesian citizen with some goats in my jungle.
https://insellos.wordpress.com/

Ah, art.
Do you display your stuff in Jakarta, Bazaar art, that sort of thing?

Hi Fred!
Jakarta is very far away and here - well, there are some cultural differences. So I prefer selling rice and goats and display my art only in the internet:
https://useum.org/artist/Tom-Dobat

Sounds fair ... and a very stress free life

hi John, welcome this forum.

i am bie from Jakarta, dont scared bali is small island not big like jakarta, they are very caring, kind and also friendly.

Hi, Aniket here,

I'm a media professional with 15yrs of Broadcast Industry Experience from Mumbai, India.
Want to relocate permanently in Indonesia alone.
Looking for a better life.
Any help, any suggestions, any opinions widely accepted, regarding relocation, jobs, how to get sponsorship.

patilaniketd wrote:

Hi, Aniket here,

I'm a media professional with 15yrs of Broadcast Industry Experience from Mumbai, India.
Want to relocate permanently in Indonesia alone.
Looking for a better life.
Any help, any suggestions, any opinions widely accepted, regarding relocation, jobs, how to get sponsorship.

The 15 years won't hurt your case but you could have problems with work permits as the local broadcast industry has too many Indonesians wanting to break into it.
There used to be an issue finding good English speakers but the new generation of graduates is changing all that, many coming from English speaking schools.
I suppose your best bet is trying all the English language stations and seeing what happens.
Another option could be foreign stations with Indonesian offices.

Thank you so much for your suggestion and the information you have provided.
I will surely try my luck at different fields, I know it's gonna be difficult, but I have to give it a try.
Thank you so much again.

A request if anybody can help, it will be truly grateful. What would be the other feilds where I can try for, I'm good in English as I've done my entire education in English and coming from a Convent background.

Hi Everyone, I'm from New Zealand.
We moved to Lovina Bali 2016..
Just moved to Malang to pursue business ideas with my lovely Indonesian wife...(Shes the business person...I'm the "go to " person )
Any expats living in Malang area ?

Hi,
I'm Josip and I'm a student from Croatia. My goal is to travel the world (more or less).
That's all :P

Welcome to the forum

Greetings everyone, I used to work in Surabaya Years ago, and Im going to be visiting later this year. I would like to network with some business minded expats to get some insight to starting a business there.

I currently work with Medical/ Franchise sales

Hi,
Jude is the name...just moved to Jakarta in the beginning of April( I'm from Malaysia)
I'm heading a pharmaceutical company
Quite lost as the only people I know are my work colleagues
Would be great if there's a gathering for a meet up
Do let me know
Thanks

Cheers
Jude

I am a freelancer but my side job is to rent an apartment in central jakarta area. I really like coffee, who is here who likes coffee Indonesia?

Planning to visit Jakarta, May last week

Coffee, count me in anytime.

I like Indonesian coffee. I even own 1 coffee-plant which smells god when blossoming.

Love coffee too....so anytime

Oh good! Hope you enjoy Jakarta

Sounds good

What is that?

Sounds good!

Good day! :)

My name Lena.

I'm not an expat, but my job is to support what is needed for an expat in my company.

I hope I can get a lot of information in this forum, also help other who want to get more information related to this country.

Regards,

Lena

can someone help me find a job in indonesia?

saddiesadd wrote:

can someone help me find a job in indonesia?

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
I'd like to pose a question - if you were looking for an employee, would be take any interest in the quoted job advert?

https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/asia/indonesia/

Hi all! It's very nice to meet you. I'm Rosy, I'm a professional recruiter (headhunter) based in Indonesia. I'm looking for best talents here for my clients companies. Should you need any job opportunity that suitable for you, don't hesitate to message me here.
Cheers!

rosyvalensia wrote:

Hi all! It's very nice to meet you.

Lovely to meet you.
As for business, adverts are not allowed on the open forums so perhaps I could encourage you to post free of charge in "Jobs" at the top of this page.

H Fred! Still figuring out whats going on in here. Will surely post on in “jobs” section. Thanks so much for your help!

hi rosy i private messaged you

Closed