E Residency Card ?

Hi.
Is it ok for the E Residency application, if I provide the 1 year long let, that is sublet actually ? Does it matter ? It does got my name on it, yet it is a sublet, not shared let, but sublet.

MaltaMyst wrote:

Hi.
Is it ok for the E Residency application, if I provide the 1 year long let, that is sublet actually ? Does it matter ? It does got my name on it, yet it is a sublet, not shared let, but sublet.

Recent feedback from other non-Maltese forums suggests that the Maltese authorities no longer require a tenancy agreement/lease agreement from EU / EEA / Swiss citizens, applying for their ‘e-Residence Cards' or ‘e-Residence Documents' for their non-EU family member/s for the FIRST time.

In this regard, please see:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 18#3672314

Indeed ?
So, are you saying I can go tomorrow to Valletta Evans, and just apply for E Residecny, based on SS/self sufficient/ without the Rental Contract ?
I think I just might do that than, since the rental process here, seems to be a night mare for myself, and LLs combined with agents and other middlepersonas are always trying to scam me out of my money, in any possible way they think they can. Thank you for this, looking in to it now.

Are you still on Malta or have you moved to Gozo?  If you are living in Gozo you can apply for your card in Victoria.

Do not be surprised if you are still asked for proof of residence!

If you are subletting it would be advisable to check that it is with the permission of the actual owner as most do not allow subletting.

Ray