Accommodation options in Central Jakarta

Good Day Guys,

I'm in the midst of finalizing a job opportunity in Central Jakarta and am looking for advice on suitable accommodations.

The location of the office will be at Wisma 46–Kota BNI and am looking at accommodation options within walking distance of the office.

A 1 (or a max of 2) rooms fully furnished Apartment/Serviced Residences/Condominium should suffice. Looking at a budget between USD1000-USD2000

Some of the options I've seen online are:

1- Jakarta Residence
2- The Peak
3- City Loft
4- Batavia Apartments
5- Sudirman Park
6- Thamrin Residence

Appreciate any feedbacks for the list above or any recommendations.

I know a few of those are close by but you'll need to check them out yourself.
One note, Surdirman train station is very close so anywhere on that line is only minutes away. Trace the line and see if it goes past any nice places.

Added - You're also on the Transjakarta route so trace that as well.

From Malaysia?

tiganasfx wrote:

From Malaysia?

Yes, I am :)

Hi Xai,

BNI46 building is an office area and hotel one path to Tanah Abang
Thamrin resident option nearby bni46 building approximately 3 km
online taxi ride about 6 - 7 USD, motor online about 1.5 USD.

You should come to Thamres apartment, surround it is very crowded with malls and restaurants then you will be able to choice BNI46 is an office area and hotel.
thamrin residen option nearby bni46 building approximately 3 km
online taxi ride 6-7 USD, motor online 2USD.

You should come to Thamres apartment, surround it is very crowded with malls and restaurants then you will be able to choice you can also get rental house (kosan) near at there.

Cheers,

Zanzio

Don't rent a place anywhere near Tanah Abang at the moment. Apart from the roads being total chaos because of the MRT, that area has roads closed for a market so traffic is a mess. It can take ages to get through by car, and even motorbikes are getting stuck.
You can be talking an hour to get from central to south Jakarta at the moment, worse at busy times.

Basically, the whole are is a traffic jam so just don't.

Fred wrote:

I know a few of those are close by but you'll need to check them out yourself.
One note, Surdirman train station is very close so anywhere on that line is only minutes away. Trace the line and see if it goes past any nice places.

Have not explored Jakarta as a walkers paradise yet but is that a practical thing to do - finding an area which is within walking distance and actually walking on a daily basis? Pedestrian walkways and safety is what I am referring to here...

The only way to explore Jakarta is to get out of the car and walk off somewhere getting lost along the way. There is 0 chance of not being able to find food water or taxi should you get too hot/lost/tired along the way.
Jakarta is as safe as you think it is and as friendly as you make it. Yet it is not a city for pedestrians but that doesn't mean you shouldn't walk about it.
Failing that jump on the transjakarta bus route and see the city that way. Quietest times on the bus are normally Fridays around prayer times and mid week before and after lunch.

My suggestion is Thamrin Residence. although it may be hard for you to walk to office however online transportations available now are very cheap for you to commute, just choose for faster and cheaper(less Comfy) or (Comfy) Slower and more expensive.

wellson248 wrote:

My suggestion is Thamrin Residence. although it may be hard for you to walk to office however online transportations available now are very cheap for you to commute, just choose for faster and cheaper(less Comfy) or (Comfy) Slower and more expensive.

If you can get through the jams.
I've just looked at the traffic out there and it isn't pretty. Fine if you don't mind an hour to travel to and from the office.

Traffic here

http://lewatmana.com/#lm-image-1043127

and here

https://lewatmana.com/kota/jakarta-utara/

Ah I found the next best accommodation for you. It's an apartment, a slightly lower class compared to residences and perhaps the place might be smaller and also cheaper. However it's very very close to your new work place, You should be able to walk to your office.

The accommodation is called "sudirman park apartment "

Hope it helps!

Another way to check traffic is just go to google maps and see where the red and green lines are. Jakarta has mostly red lines all day to living as close to work as possible is a distinct advantage.
That only changes if you intend to live and work on a Transjakarta or train route as these don't suffer from the traffic.
Walking is the ideal if you're in range but remember the weather is hot so you might end up sweaty and nasty when you arrive at work.

Transjakarta still suffers from traffic, sometimes as bad as personal transportation.
If you don't mind the less comfy options of Go-ride, Uber motor, or Grabbike. These are the best to cut down cost as well as saving time. I personally travel on those options if I'm traveling alone cheap and fastest, what more can you ask for. If you have a shower room at work, it'd be best to bring or keep extra clothes at work should you suffer from the weather. Another option is depart early and leave work late to avoid the sun :D

Just my 2 cents.

wellson248 wrote:

Transjakarta still suffers from traffic, sometimes as bad as personal transportation.

Apart from the odd occasion, I believe that could be misguided as Transjakarta runs in dedicated bus lanes so their units sail past all the jams.
I've seen some terrible jams but the busses still run pretty much freely.

Perhaps you could explain how the bus lanes get jammed up in order to clarify the issue.

Fred wrote:
wellson248 wrote:

Apart from the odd occasion, I believe that could be misguided as Transjakarta runs in dedicated bus lanes so their units sail past all the jams.
I've seen some terrible jams but the busses still run pretty much freely.

Perhaps you could explain how the bus lanes get jammed up in order to clarify the issue.

Oh yes Indeed Transjakarta runs in dedicated busway. However their units still have to pass through some traffic jam caused by commercial or private transportation. Of course once they get on the busway the sail smoothly. Sometimes busway do get jammed up with motorbikes or cars when police are trying to sort out the traffic. Perhaps what you have seen is different from what I have seen.

All bus lanes around LRT, MRT outside of Jl Sudirman are gone and lanes turned into a free for all.
Jl Panjang bus lanes are always full of riders and then this continues into Pondok Indah.

Saying that, different times of the day sees bus lanes clear and buses can move but with the amount of construction happening every inch of space is taken by all road users.

Jktinfo on Instagram is fun to follow for daily disasters on Jakartas streets.

lukereg wrote:

All bus lanes around LRT, MRT outside of Jl Sudirman are gone and lanes turned into a free for all.

South Jakarta is a sort of traffic hell on earth at the moment and, yes, the bus lanes are a mess, but the area around the OP's office seems to have no issues at all as it's way outside the total and utter chaos of the roadworks.
I went to the Tanah Abang area a couple of weeks ago and I won't be going back any time soon, at least not driving anything but a pair of sandals.

for apartment that closer to wisma 46 : sudirman park , sahid sudirman , cityloft , pavillon