Few questions about Mauritius

Hello ppl!

I m still waiting a reply from Investment bureu and if it will be positive i ll come to try to live in Mauritius soon.

In the meanwhile me and my fiance are wondering about:

1. Looking at the sky, during the night, can u see a lot of stars in Mauritius? (in Australia it was amazing, in Phuket you can t see stars, maybe because of the smog)

2. Reading online looks like a LOT(80%) of the beaches are owned by Resorts(?), can we go to have a walk/swim on those beaches or they are private?

3. How much cost 1kg of fish from local fishermen? (In australia there were no fishermen and the fish used to cost between 12 to 50$ per kilo, in Phuket it cost between 1.5 and 4 $ per kilo)

Thanks and have a nice day :)

Maurizio

AlanMcJ wrote:

Hello ppl!

I m still waiting a reply from Investment bureu and if it will be positive i ll come to try to live in Mauritius soon.

In the meanwhile me and my fiance are wondering about:

1. Looking at the sky, during the night, can u see a lot of stars in Mauritius? (in Australia it was amazing, in Phuket you can t see stars, maybe because of the smog)

Yes, you can see the stars here!Really nice, and amazing sunset (s) as well!

2. Reading online looks like a LOT(80%) of the beaches are owned by Resorts(?), can we go to have a walk/swim on those beaches or they are private?

We do have public beaches as well, don't worry, we have not yet reached a situation where you won't be able to access the ocean!

3. How much cost 1kg of fish from local fishermen? (In australia there were no fishermen and the fish used to cost between 12 to 50$ per kilo, in Phuket it cost between 1.5 and 4 $ per kilo)

I don't know the current price for 1 kg of fish here, but it would cost pretty much the same as in phuket!

Thanks and have a nice day :)

Maurizio

Hope this helps!

Heyy!!

Hope the BoI processes your Application soon :D

Firstly,all the beaches in Mauritius are open to the public, even if there are resorts there ( by law no one can stop you walking on any beach, its Govt property). My friends & I normally go to the public beaches and often go onto the resort beaches for walks or swims. As long as you are not using their facilities and not disturbing their clients, you will not face any issues.

Secondly, For the cost of one Kg fish would depend on the fish. It normally varies in supermarkets from 10 to 20$. If you buy it from Fishermen it should cost you much cheaper.

Cheers,
Musheer

Goooood news!! Really good! Thanks Alisa and Musheer!