Purchasing a Home in Humacao, PR

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I are considering purchasing a home in Humacao, on the western side near the university. Patagonia area. Can anyone shed light on how it is to live there? I keep reading statistic reports about it being a high crime area but at the same time I see that there is an older generation of people that live there that might not be contributing to the consensus. Any information will be helpful.

I am not sure where exactly the comunity is. Is this a house / Condo or one of a place in an Urbanizacion?

If it is around the University, expect a bit of noice and normal to elevated crime risk. Most of crime is either drug related or crime of oportunity. Check for public housing, a lot of drug dealers operate from public housing and sometimes they have conflicts with other dealers.

But the majority of the time if you live in a Urbanización you are fairly safe in your home.

Thank you it is a small house. We will be looking at it this weekend but only will have 2 days to get a sense of the area.

Thank you!

purchasing in a rush is not a good idea.

We will not be purchasing soon, we are merely checking out the property and doing research on the area to see if we will be happy AND safe there. This trip is only the first of many.

I appreciate your time.
Thank you.