Do they have child benefit in Malaga?

Hi,

I have four kids, aged between two and fifteen.

Would I receive anything if I were to move there?

Thanks

Your EU rights to family benefits.

I have six kids and get all the benefits, single parent, child benefit, rent allowance, would these be transferable from Newcastle to Campasol or would I need to make a new claim in Murcia. :lol:

Please read this > https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/f … dex_en.htm

Hiya  Simy :thanks:

I have tried to read these links etc, but when ya get to the nitty gritty you end up on a Spanish only social handout webby site. Will the Newcastle embassy in Alicante help me.

If one moves to spain then part of the process to able to remain is to prove you have sufficient income so that you will not be a burden on the state

Coming with the intention of claiming benefits would seem to imply that person intends to be a burden on the state

PS.   I often read about U.K. citizens complaining about immigrants (bloody foreigners)
going to U.K. to live on benefits.   It would appear many voted Brexit  to stop that supposed abuse of U.K. tax payers

Excuse me if my views of people who live on the backs of taxpayers , are creeping though.   I had two children and was ‘fortunate' that I have never claimed any benefits believed it was my responsibly to support myself and my family and thus ‘cut my cloth' accordingly.  One of my sons , who after 30 + years of paying substantial U.K. taxes, is in financial difficulties.  Again he/I are fortunate that I am just able to help him so he does not claim benefits which some might call his  Rights rather than charity

Bella. ‘ Newcastle embassy in Alicante'. 

I was not aware Newcastle was an  independent country !

Hiya Johnboy

What is proclivities, I come from Newcastle not Eaton.
I asked if my benefits were transferable, did you miss that bit. At the moment I and my kids are EU citizens with rights of free movement anywhere in the EU. I only want to know my rights and entitlements.

Did you know that 70% of  (bloody foreigners) in the UK are non EU. So much for Brexit propaganda.

Newcastle is the capital of geordieland and one day will have independence.

Sorry about your son getting skint, maybe he needs to be more careful with his dosh like me. :D

OK, lets put it in simple terms, no it's not transferable.

Bella sorry but my comment about being a burden on Spain was in reply to ‘wicked womble'

However, I was sort of making the point that the benefits which you refer to in U.K., are paid by the taxpayers in U.K.   that is the people who are working for their living or taxed on their pensions or investment income which they accumulated by working. That is people who are or have contributed to society

Bella. Quote ‘Sorry about your son getting skint, maybe he needs to be more careful with his dosh like me'

Glad to hear you are careful with ‘our dosh' which you get from the income paid by workers

Hiya Johnboy

Yes you are partly correct but child benefit is a statuary right and not really a benefit handout (scrounger) despite its descriptive name.

All other benefits are funded by the taxpayer and are paid on a need only basis. One day you may be a taxpayer and the next day a benefit claimer, but shall we just class the lot as scroungers of the taxpayers. :o

All the money which is paid to you is provided by taxpayers.  Governments do not have any money of ‘their own'     

So whilst you may call it a Right it is other people's money being given to you.  Just  as money donated to a charity is then given to others

Hi - there is no simple answer to the question; my experience is that many EU countries benefits are directly related to the claimant having worked in that country.  However, there are UK benefits that may be claimed abroad; the UK Gov website provides information that may help individuals through the bureaucracy; this link will take you there.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Cynic wrote:

Hi - there is no simple answer to the question; my experience is that many EU countries benefits are directly related to the claimant having worked in that country.  However, there are UK benefits that may be claimed abroad; the UK Gov website provides information that may help individuals through the bureaucracy; this link will take you there.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hiya Cynic

What is expat team.

I suppose you are correct, it depends on the country and what you have paid in. This is where the confusion and misunderstanding can occur from Brits going abroad, thinking everything is the same as the UK system, where there is no need to pay anything in but you are still entitled to every benefit and handout going including NHS from day one. All the government leaflets on how to claim are in Hindi, Arabic, Bengali, Punjabi, Urdu, Polish, Azerbaijani etc. And if you need an interpreter no problem at the taxpayers expense. Many other EU countries have a long way to go to reach this high standard.

Bella Seaton wrote:
Cynic wrote:

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hiya Cynic

What is expat team.

I suppose you are correct, it depends on the country and what you have paid in. This is where the confusion and misunderstanding can occur from Brits going abroad, thinking everything is the same as the UK system, where there is no need to pay anything in but you are still entitled to every benefit and handout going including NHS from day one. All the government leaflets on how to claim are in Hindi, Arabic, Bengali, Punjabi, Urdu, Polish, Azerbaijani etc. And if you need an interpreter no problem at the taxpayers expense. Many other EU countries have a long way to go to reach this high standard.

The Expat Team are people that either work or help out as volunteers on this Forum; you can spot us from the little symbol at the top right of our avatars; some of us are experts (the volunteers), some are moderators who actually work for the Expat.com organisation.

With regards to your comments; yep, some Brit expats think that way, some don't; I've never claimed benefits or income support in any country that I've lived or worked in.  With regards to the support the UK provides to immigrants and workers from the EU, that's purely down to the UK's interpretation of what the EU guiding regulations require.  The reason why it's different in other countries is that they have a different interpretation of the same, identical regulation; some choosing to ignore specific parts all together.  Had the UK been a little bit more sensible in its implementation of the EU regs, then IMO, perhaps Brexit would never have happened.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

I was told recently by a health worker in Spain, she believed U.K. pensioners in spain got free health cover which was paid for by Spanish workers in their social security payment. 

That is she saw us as parasites 

I was proud to tell her that for each person who gets health cover in spain as a result of the form S1, the  DWP pays £4,179.52 each year  That is regardless of what use they make of the Spanish health service

The DWP also pays an annual fee,  on a sliding scale, for each, if any, of the S1 ‘s dependants

Like all other S1 qualified, I am proud that we do not take a penny, even as a RIGHT,  from a system we have not paid our dues  to !

Johncar wrote:

All the money which is paid to you is provided by taxpayers.  Governments do not have any money of ‘their own'     

So whilst you may call it a Right it is other people's money being given to you.  Just  as money donated to a charity is then given to others

Not too sure what I have learnt from this thread other than Johnboy son has done his money in, which is of no interest or help to me. I do not understand the term ‘other people's money being given to you' surly this is the morals of distribution of wealth, I have not stolen any money. If anybody disagrees with the welfare benefits system they should complain to the democratically elected government and not go round pointing the finger at the less unfortunate calling them scroungers, thieves and scumbags.

My farther was a miner and the family lived week to week until he had a stroke and had to claim benefits, I suppose he just became another scumbag.

My mother always use to say ‘there for the grace of God go I'.

Bella. Quote ‘ have tried to read these links etc, but when ya get to the nitty gritty you end up on a Spanish only social Hand out webby site.........  ‘

You seem to have pointed out Spain's view on such payments ‘hand outs'

PS Workers who fall ill through no fault of their own, and those who may have been born with difficulties of course have the Right to Assistance,  however, I do not think people who choose their situation are in that  category   But as a taxpayer in U.K. and Spain, that is just my opinion

Bella Seaton wrote:

Not too sure what I have learnt from this thread other than ....

I answered your question (post 13 of this thread); the rest has gone down a political rabbit hole which has really no place on this Forum.

Johncar wrote:

Bella. Quote ‘ have tried to read these links etc, but when ya get to the nitty gritty you end up on a Spanish only social Hand out webby site.........  ‘

You seem to have pointed out Spain's view on such payments ‘hand outs'

PS Workers who fall ill through no fault of their own, and those who may have been born with difficulties of course have the Right to Assistance,  however, I do not think people who choose their situation are in that  category   But as a taxpayer in U.K. and Spain, that is just my opinion

I absolutely agree with you. It seems like the UK government and taxpayer have a reputation of being a soft touch and I am not surprised when you read about free health tourists. Sometimes is it a case of the government just saying give them the money to get rid of them, and the taxpayer more interested in the next episode of Coronation Street.

I doubt Spain is like that, it will be SIP card/ private insurance or die. I hear Spain now has food banks for the needy, they are the bins at back of Lidl.

You have to ask yourself, if money is being chucked around for free there will always be a queue of takers, who's fault is that? :dumbom:

Cynic wrote:
Bella Seaton wrote:

I answered your question (post 13 of this thread); the rest has gone down a political rabbit hole which has really no place on this Forum.

You said 'Hi - there is no simple answer to the question'

Sorry about that Cynic I did not realise it was you who decides on behalf of all the members what the forum content should be.

Would you prefer I not post anymore.  :heart:

Bella Seaton wrote:
Cynic wrote:
Bella Seaton wrote:

You said 'Hi - there is no simple answer to the question'

Sorry about that Cynic I did not realise it was you who decides on behalf of all the members what the forum content should be.

Would you prefer I not post anymore.  :heart:

No, I said:

Cynic Post 13 wrote:

"Hi - there is no simple answer to the question; my experience is that many EU countries benefits are directly related to the claimant having worked in that country.  However, there are UK benefits that may be claimed abroad; the UK Gov website provides information that may help individuals through the bureaucracy; this link will take you there.

Hope this helps.

So I gave you a link to an authoritative source to answer your specific question.  Have you checked it out?

My thoughts as to who posts on here are largely irrelevant; I'm here to help everyone when I can, not make it hard.  I am bound by the Forum Terms & Conditions and will remove posts that contravene them.

With regards to your personal activity on the Forum, I have no preference either way.  I would encourage everybody to make positive factual contributions to the discussion, be they what the person wants to hear, or not.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team