HAIR BRAIDS

Hi, please share your page/website/ contact information.

VickyNr wrote:

Hi, please share your page/website/ contact information.

That's against Forum rules. The only thing allowed is to contact someone through the private message system

Many first posters over the years asking the same thing.

Hi Mnb4784,

Will you please share your contact info with me as I plan to move to HCMC later this summer and I will definitely need someone to do my hair. I'm an African-American woman with a relaxer and clip in extension. Thanks for your help!

Hello am in #7 HCM looking for hair, and to get my hair braided box braids, thank uou .....

Hi

Did you manage to get your hair done? I have recently moved to Saigon and need a hairdresser that can deal with my hair.  Thank you

I can tell you who not to use. I'm in Ho Chi Minh and would like to find a more reputable braider. Here is my experience with Mila Braids Salon and Shop in Ho Chi Minh (Saigon).

Beware if you are a Nappy Natural

From the business name you would think this African braider located in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam actually has a shop. She doesn't. Mila is located in a tiny apartment she shares with her husband which is accessed through a nail shop.

We communicated via WhatsApp. Before booking I asked if Mila had a portfolio so I could take a look at her work. I was sent a series of photos and a link to her Facebook account that had more pictures. I chose the style based on the photo on her website that I mistakenly believed was her work. It wasn't. It was a photos of hair styles compiled from the internet.

My services included wash, deep conditioning, blow dry and cornrows with extensions.

What I received was a hair wash in a tiny bathroom sink that was so shallow the faucet could not be used to rinse my hair. A bucket of water with a dipper was used to rinse the shampoo from my head.

The deep conditioner was a regular conditioner briefly applied and rinsed. The blow dry was attempted with a brush head that didn't work. It was placed on the dirty floor and replaced with a regular blow dryer.

I have very thick, coarse hair that easily tangles and needs extra care and patience to detangle. Mila lacked any of that. She was tearing through my hair from the root to the ends. Giving no mind to my frequent grunts of pain.

Mila starts the braiding. The braiding is done in a very uncomfortable chair that offers little back support and is slightly too high for short people. I had nothing to rest my feet on so my legs kind of dangled. This chair is located in the bedroom of a three room apartment (Kitchen, bath, bedroom). The braiding should have been done in the kitchen but it was done in the bedroom where her husband napped. Very awkward.

I was there for seven hours. I asked Mila SEVERAL times using a translation app because she speaks French and even asked her husband to tell her to be more gentle with my hair. I explained to her that I get bumps, hair loss and headaches from braids that are too tight. I demonstrated how she should detangle my hair when making parts. I asked her repeatedly but out of anger or spite she barely let up on the tension. I was in so much pain my jaws hurt as well from being clenched so tight.

I'm writing this review because Mila completely ignored my plea for her to go easy on my scalp. If you have relaxed hair or loose curl hair you may have a better experience. If you have 4c hair think about your edges. I'm going have to take this down because it's way too tight and I am afraid of the potential damage to my scalp. Mila sells a hair growth oil which I purchased because I used the last of my oil but what good is oil if your stylist does not respect the hair on your head or the person sitting in her chair?

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : ad + contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct