Odds of a Filipino with bachelor's degree getting UK work visa?

A Filipino friend of mine is thinking about applying for jobs in the UK. She has a bachelor's degree in pharmacy and now works selling medical devices to hospitals. We expect she can get a job offer, but applying and interviewing would be a lot of effort, and there is no point in doing it if the UK wouldn't grant her a work visa. I don't think the UK has huge shortage of this particular skill set or anything. Does anyone have a guess what the likelihood is of a work visa getting approved, or what their criteria would be?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

It is difficult for non EU/EEA citizens.  Basically, she has to find a job that is listed on the Shortage Occupation List, then get a potential employer to sponsor her application for a visa.  I've just had a quick look and can't see pharmacy or Sales professionals listed.

Hope this helps.

From google, it looks to me like, if she can find a UK employer willing to go through with the visa sponsorship process, she would probably be approved by the UK government. I think she would need a "restricted" "tier 2" visa. Apparently, the application process is difficult and expensive, so many employers don't like doing it. Few enough employers apply that typically the government approves nearly all applicants. Applicants with higher salaries do better. A salary of 20,000 pounds would not be approved, but, if she are over 25,000 pounds or so, she is safe.