Sears / Kmart more closings

Sears / Kmart stores: about 45 of them will soon close in a new round of closing in the US and Puerto Rico. Not sure yet how many where, but your local store may close.

When I get info I will post it.

I've been hearing that Kmart is closing there doors since last year but they keep hiring all the times.

This was in the news, not rumor. Sears owns Kmart and they are close to bankrupt, closing stores gives them some cash to use to continue operation in stores that have the best sales numbers.

I can see some of them closing in the island, specially if they are close to a Walmart store. Some are in small towns like Yauco that have more sales due to people not wanting to drive to big cities.

Thats sad to hear Rey.  The economy is bad all around the world.

I have a super walmart around home. Everyone knows Walmart always have better prices. "You have to be competitive" We don't shop there very often but when we do is for baby stuff. Yeah adlin20,  probably the ones in the smaller town or with less revenue will close down.

Oh, how I hope the Kmart in Yauco stay open!!!

Sears has been going downhill for years. It's not PR, it's the company. It couldn't adapt -- CostCo and WalMart have blown them out of the water.