Moving to Frankfurt for 6-12months

Hi. I really hope you can help. My wife has recently taken a job offer at the EBC. We are planning on moving around the 1 September. I have a question I hope someone can answer which will help with our move.

do you know which area is good to live which may be approx 20 minutes train journey into Frankfurt, furnished and reasonably priced? Also somewhere with good German primary school for our two daughters? A lot to ask I know!

We found a school which looks good in the nordend area if that is good.

Thanks

I don't know Frankfurt well, so can only give general advice:
Almost all schools (primary or other) are state-run and have similar standards. There is no point going "school-shopping". The only thing you might want to find out - IF your kids do not speak German yet - is if a particular school has preparatory classes for such kids (many do).
Furnished accommodation is very rare in Germany and cost so much more that even for a 6 - 12 months stay it might be cheaper renting empty and buying everything yourself (possibly 2nd hand).

We seem to have found a few schools but don't know how good they are. I imagine they are all similar especially for the period we are looking for anyway.
We may have found an apartment which is furnished but as you say the price is much hire. I wasn't sure if it was more effective to contact private letting people or an agent. Do you think it's better through an agent or are they costly also?

Thanks again.

Property agents charge about 3.5 months rent as fee.
If you speak German and can read/understand/negotiate rental contracts, you don't need an agent.
Landlords usually want long-term tenants, not just a year or less. So don't tell them (you can always terminate by giving three months notice).