Recognition of foreign qualifications in France

Hello everyone,

Were your professional qualifications recognised in France? What country did you complete your qualifications in? What profession are you in?

Did you have to go through any formalities to get your qualifications recognised, such as to have them translated?

If your qualifications weren't recognised, were there any additional tests or exams you had to complete before you were able to practice your profession in France or continue with your studies?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Priscilla

Hi Priscilla,

I have a Masters degree in operational research (a branch of applied maths used to optimise the running of businesses, amongst other things... Yawn  ;) )...
Anyhow, that got me out of doing the Stage with the Chambre de Métiers when I registered as an independent Artisan.

My OH is a UK qualified electrician, and although nothing could get him out of the Stage, I translated his qualifications myself - I am a translator but not certified or assermentée - and they were accepted by the Chambre de Métiers in 2007.

Regards,
Jo-Ann

Hello
I am really sad to tell that my integration in Rennes is very difficult.My experience in the bar/restaurant domain means nothing here , because my level of french.I feel rejected and I'm looking forward to find whatever kind of job to gain some money and move in another country.I admire the development of the social structure but I think it's too slow , not really connected with the people and favouriting certain groups.
In general I'm pleased ,but I prefer to go and learn another language, because France is not my place.Too cold, too distant.

Hi,
   No, none of my certificates were recognized in France. I was a certified gymnastics coach through the US Gymnastics Federation and the International Federation based in Lausanne. The french Federation refused any of my credentials and said I needed to start my education from ZERO! Despite the fact that I had coached international elite gymnasts, among them the first US gymnasts to medal at Worlds and the Olympics..despite the fact that the french couldn't compete, their protectionist system only allowed Chinese coaches to transfer their credentials, not us Yankees, nor the Russian, Romanians or East Germans, the three powerhouses of women's gymnastics. I was not in France to coach but as I had the coaching and judging certifications I always looked at it as a job I could fall back on if my career in fashion stopped being lucrative or I grew weary of the personalities that gravitate towards fashion.  I never had to revert back to gymnastics coaching but the mentality of the people in the Federation Française was appalling, unprofessional and I found that even the "experts" running the federation did not have the credentials as coaches nor the education for administration or teaching to be running a group with so many children's lives with physical and emotional health at stake. The whole french concept of "copinage" to get a job or the assistance to get one foot in the door has left hundreds upon thousands of idiots in positions of control and power when they lack the intellectual capacity and training to perform the job. I have seen people with multiple degrees and a resumé beyond questioning being told they are not qualified so they hire their friend without a high school diploma and never holding a position that could even remotely qualify them for the position.

Dear pricilia,

First of all you should have mentioned what is that you are wanting to study in france. If you plan to do your masters then you should have a degree from a recognised university from your home country. Each school has a minimum cut off. You need to contact the school and ask. Most of the schools accept Gmat scores for scholarship. More over, your degree certificate has to be attested with a stamp by the ministry of external affairs, and then have it translated to French. It's is the same process for your birth certificate as well.

For me was no problem to work with gestalttherapie. Only to registrate as auto-entrepeneur and start to work in my own practise. I am Dutch and I have done my training and education in the Netherlands.

Does anyone have experience of employment as a Montessorie Practioner please?