Information life in Cairo

Hello,

I'd like to go to study in Cairo, but i'd like to know if there is somebody living there to tell me how is the life right know with the departure of Moubarak. Is there still police? Can we go out without being afraid of being robbered?

I'll may leave in 10th district in nasr city.

tank you all for your help

Hi there,
Everyone is back to their normal life now. We go to work everyday. My son goes to school everyday & all his teachers who are all expats go to work as well.

We cannot deny that many theives and criminals are on the loose now but as long as you keep urself safe i don't think you'll face any problems. I don't suggest go out late at night now specially with taxi, also don't carry much money with u, only what you'll need for ur outing. But in general we go out & meet with our friends and we go to work normally now. I go out every weekend with my kids with no problems at all.

I don't know anything about 10th district in specific but other areas in Nasr City like Abbas El Akkad, Makram Ebied, Moustafa El Nahas are okay to walk in until almost mid-night.

I hope i was useful ...
Good luck

Marianna

As far as I can tell everything is running smoothly. Crash Boom Bang basically summed it up. 10th district (Hay el `ashir) is alright, I have a friend that lives in the area.

you were very useful thank you a lot for your information!!!

pandabear wrote:

As far as I can tell everything is running smoothly. Crash Boom Bang basically summed it up. 10th district (Hay el `ashir) is alright, I have a friend that lives in the area.

ok! thank you too! have a nice day!