Business advice

Hi all,

Just putting the feelers out and seeking advice on opening an injectable clinic in Bali. (Botox, fillers etc)

Ideally my partner and I would like to live in Bali initially for 6-12 months to set up the operation and then share our time between Bali and New Zealand.

What kind of business structure / ownership processes do I need to be mindful of?

I've had a look at past threads and most of them are about big business etc.

Any reading or advice will be much appreciated.

Cheers

Brad

Hey Brad,

The thing is that the government has set up a system of strict laws to protect small and middle sized local businesses. Thats why you have only been able to find information on investing/opening big business companies here in Indonesia.
It is the only thing that is possible here.
There are a few exceptions but in your case you would want to provide services to local customers I guess, and that would mean that you need to make a huge investment to be able to open up a PT company.
You could however invest in a local business and build up an international partnership between you in NZ and somebody trustworthy here..

That's just some thoughts, but I can confirm that the information you should have found on the web/forum is mostly accurate. You should probably look for alternatives.
But to be the owner of a small company run in Bali or selling in Bali is a very expensive enterprise. Otherwise Bali would be overflowing with foreign businesses (which is happening anyways)..

Btw, there are a LOT of companies here that you would have to compete with.
Only possible with great reputation and really good quality.
You wont be able to compete with the low prices here if you dont open a 'local' company..

Sorry man, I'm really just trying to help you a little bit, Just take what you like and leave the rest of what I said if you don't agree

Hope I could help you get to the next step of your journey,
good luck