Therapy in Spain

Hello!

I am new to the forum, but wanted to reach out regarding the acceptance (or not) of therapy within the Spanish culture.

I am 5 months from finishing my Master's degree in marriage and family therapy. I have some resources in Spain for living and have been, very seriously, considering a move overseas. I received word that there are no regulations on my field in Spain and can seek employment after I obtain my degree.

What I am hoping is that people who are there can give me some advice on how accepted therapy is in Spain. Is it common for people to seek therapy? Are there any areas that would be more in need? If I'm choosing, I would like to live in the Alicate or Valencia area, but I would be open to other locations.

It would be convenient to begin in a position that allows or needs English speakers. I have my bachelor's degree in Spanish, but it's been 5 years since I've had to use it, so I'm working on improving that. Anyway, any advice would be helpful! Thanks!

The Spanish speaking people seem to really like psychotherapy, their version of an educational psychologist seems to be a psychotherapist concerned more with emotion. You will also see psychotherapist practices in the high street. Suggest you check into the rules about self employment as they have been explained to me, they seem punitive and to discourage working for yourself.