Meet up to share thoughts/stories and listen from others in Hanoi

Hey!

Are you looking for people to talk to, to share stories, to listen and to find understanding?

Is there anytime you have many thoughts and feelings which you want to express?

Although you have friends, relatives but they are either too far away or they don't understand you and listen to you at all? Sometime you only need someone who will only listen to you and to not judge you? The people you can meet daily (housemate/officemate), you and them only know each other on surface level rather than deep level? And usually you aren't in condition to know each other better?

Sometime when a good/bad story happened, you really wanted to share by posting to Facebook or tell someone, but you just don't know who is that. You want to share but also fear that you would share it with wrong person? Or fear of letting people know about your weaknesses or they would think that you are bragging about yourself if you're sharing a good story?

There is another person/soul/wisdom in you which not many people (even no one) knows?

Sometime you also wonder: “what do other people REALLY feel and think? Do they think and feel like me or I'm just alone? If they've been to my situation, what would they do?”

You want to meet other people, but you've not found a suitable meet up? They are either too much business-like or too much about drinking-eating?

Sometime after you met people, you don't feel fulfilled: no one knows the real you?

You want to meet other people, but you yourself feel that you're not in a good situation to meet yet? Either your work, your family, your relationship isn't good?

Welcome to the meet up “YOU ARE NOT ALONE” because you really are not alone, I and many other people also think and want the same like you.

In this meet up, you will have chance to express yourself and listen to other people's stories. I/we expect nothing from you except your real, authentic stories.

* This meet up IS FOR YOU if:

+ You are willing to share and truly can listen.

+ You respect other people and their stories, listen to it but not judging it, sharing what you feel about that story, but not advising people if they don't ask you to do so.

+ You can keep privacy for other people. Please don't record video, audio or taking pictures of people who join without their permission! We can take a group picture at the end of the meet up if everyone agree. If you want to share about the meet up and stories with someone, please only share with those who you can trust and don't share identities of people in the meet up which you shared their stories.

+ You can stay far away of your phone and other distractions in the time of meet up (1-2 hours): Please don't your phone unless emergency or if at the end of the meet up. When you arrive to the meet up, please set your phone to silence or airplane mode. In case you expect an important phone call, please inform me/the group! (I may need to use my phone if someone comes later and have difficulty to find the venue).

+ You're not a smoker or if you do smoke, please don't smoke in the meet up.

+ You are 20 – 40 years old. Though this meet up can be open for everyone, I prefer people in my generation. (Some physical games may happen occassionally).

+ You are confident about your English. If you only look for a place to practice English, this is not the right place for you.

+ (Prefer) You stay/live in Hanoi (short term or long term is fine) and aren't a traveler.

* Planned schedule for each meet up:

+ Small talk: 5 – 10 minutes in the beginning of each meet up will be for everyone to get to know each other freely.

+ Introduction: the organizer will ask each person to introduce himself/herself either by a question or a small game. (15 – 20 minutes)

Each person also share what is he/she grateful for in the past week and what is he/she looking for in the coming week.

+ Sharing/Discussing a topic in the rest of time ( the topic will be selected in advance and send to you via email)

(Timing can be change according to actual situation).

* Notes when you join this meet up:

+ Though I/we expect you to share your thoughts, only share if you're comfortable to do so, no one can force you to do something you don't want to do.

+ If you don't really have something to share in a particular meet up or conversation, no problem, you may have something to share in another conversation.

+ When someone shares something and if you have a question to ask or something you want to say, please take notes those in your notebook then ask/speak after that person finish talking. S/he may forget what s/he wants to say if you disrupt his/her thought. Unless if s/he is fine with it.

+ When you share, your story and the way you tell it need not to be like any other, there isn't any formula/format, feel free to do it your way.

+ Take as much time as you need to share your thought, control your speed and voice. At the same time, respect other people's time and remember that they also may have something to share.

+ Just ask (me) when you need something (example : turn on/off the aircon/fan, finding the bathroom, etc) or let me know if you have any comment, suggestion or if there is misunderstanding with someone.

+ I may need to do my part to facilitate the meet up when necessary, (example: cut you when you're speaking), at that time, please understand!

+ I may or may not include one part of what you shared (without your identity) in a wrap up email or to share with other people who may want to join.

+ And things can be changed and developed.

* Time, location and frequency:

+ Frequency: twice per month or one per week.
I'm planning to organize meet up for English speaking people and Vietnamese speaking people separately. At certain times, depend on topic and purpose, 1-2 meet up also can be for woman only or single people only or working people only (not students).

+ Time: evening or weekend is prefered due to many people need to go to office in daytime.
Occassionally there can be meet up in daytime of weekdays for freelancers, entrepreneurs, people don't have to go to office.

+ Location: we can meet at a coffee shop, but due to this kind of meet up requires more privacy and silence, I prefer to organize it at someone's home. I can host it at my place, though it's not that spacious. If anyone is willing to host, please let me know!

(I hope to start this asap)

* If you want to join this meet up, please write to me why do you want to join this meet up, even short and simple, what is your idea about it, what is your preference about time, location and frequency. (I don't want to run after number of people who join, I care about who is the person joining).

* About me: I'm currently staying near Yen Phu market (near West Lake) want to spend time alone (not working much) to reorganize my life.

I have joined and organized different meet ups or meet people individually. The meet ups I've organized were in HCMC. Through that I've throughly enjoyed or touched by many stories and conversations. They're special moments, I hope to spread those special moments and experiences to other people.

Let me know if you have comments/feedbacks/questions or if you want to join by commenting here or sending me a private message!

Waaay too many rules.  :o

Hi, Khuyen Thank you reply your message to me .I would like to meet all the people as meaning to be friends / male or female ( Vietnamese or foreigner its doesn't matter ,, ) to learn more from each other , develop , wonderful  short time  in life ...I appreciate about your good ideas ?

anthuy wrote:

Hi, Khuyen Thank you reply your message to me .I would like to meet all the people as meaning to be friends / male or female ( Vietnamese or foreigner its doesn't matter ,, ) to learn more from each other , develop , wonderful  short time  in life ...I appreciate about your good ideas ?

Hi anthuy,

Sorry I didn't reply you sooner since I didn't receive notification about post reply.

Would you like to come to our Games Night on Friday?
It's posted here.

It's a good chance to meet, socialize and learn from other people.

(I can't send you a private message, can you send me one?"