To meet new people in Hanoi- going out and partying :)

Hello!
My name is Lucille, I'm 21 and it's been two weeks since I arrived in Hanoi. I am a student at the National School of Hanoi and French teacher at a high school. I wanted to know if there were places to meet among expatriates. I love going out and partying but I feel that the Vietnamese do not like it. Maybe I'll have better luck with expatriates;) If you are tempted to meet and talk about your expatriation, let me know!

Hello Lucille :cheers:

Your thread is now on the anglophone version of the Hanoi Forum since your first post is in English.

If you wish to meet with francophone members, you could also create a new thread in French in the Hanoi Francophone Forum.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

You want to be in Saigon if you are into the partying scene. Hanoi is the capital and everything shuts down around 10pm.

Hi Lucille, I have to agree that people in Hanoi are not really into partyin' like Saigoner. But I'm sure you can find a lot of solid bars in Hanoi with google. I'm not an expat, but I like the idea of meeting new people from different cultures, so if you interest, shoot me a message since they don't allow putting private contact on the forum.
P/s: what do you mean by National School of Hanoi? I don't know there's a school like that in Hanoi.

Hi Lucille, I'm 21 and  I've been here for 2 weeks as well. Feel a little separated here. Maybe we can share our new life in Hanoi. :)

katharina cheng wrote:

Hi Lucille, I'm 21 and  I've been here for 2 weeks as well. Feel a little separated here. Maybe we can share our new life in Hanoi. :)

Hi Katharina. i'm 28. i'm vietnamese. Let me show you the beauty of hanoi at night. i'm sure you gonna like hanoi more

bonjour

je suis vietnamien et je parle français. Je vis a hanoi.

si tu veux avoir un ami à hanoi, on peut se rencontrer.

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : veuillez s'il vous plaît partager vos coordonnées uniquement en privé

Hey, I'm about to move to Hanoi to teach English. If you have any tips or can show me any good spots, let me know! Thanks!

Bonjour Lucile

si tu veux qu'on se voit contacte moi **

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : veuillez s'il vous plaît partager vos coordonnées uniquement en privé (Cliquez sur l'avatar du membre pour accéder à son profil, et ensuite cliquez sur le bouton ' Envoyer un Message ' )

Hi , nice to meet you all.

Hello, I am very much interested to meet with new peoples, who are specially expatriate here, Lets we can make a plan to out going meeting.

Thanks
Rana

I have always felt that Hanoi Is really boring at night.. well most if not all are close at night ;)

I was ALWAYS told that Hanoi was boring and that everything closes early. One reason I stayed away for so long. But when I finally visited it's quite the opposite. Hanoi is more of a place that's slightly underground and it's not centralized. So it's all about who you know. Once I started meeting the right people, they led me to the cool spots open til the wee hours of the morning. So I started a website to list the cool places to visit in Hanoi. Check out hexx.city. Cheers

still in hanoi and want to hang? text me ***

Moderated by Chris 7 years ago
Reason : Please avoid sharing your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Don't share personal information or contact number in a public forum, this is not safe.

Hello Everybody!!
I am coming to Hanoi 16th of Fenruary. Hope to meet new people :)
I am a singer and looking for some clubs with life musics and jam session.

Any musician on board? :)

Hello ! Welcome to Ha Noi ! Im Vietnamese citizen ! I want to improve my English skill so i really want to make friends with foreiners ! If you want to discover some interesting thing in my city, feel free to contact with me ! my phone number is  xxx and my skype: xxx :)

Moderated by Niswata 7 years ago
Reason : Please don't share your personal contact details on the forum. You should share them through the private messaging system.

bonjour
je suis français et vietnamien et je suis à hanoi

on peut se rencontrer pour parler

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : merci de ne pas afficher votre numéro de téléphone sur le forum

Hi all, is there an underground expats scene some where? I looked at Meetup for Hanoi and seemed like the social events are quite limited versus Saigon. I'm also new to the area so looking to meet more people.

Hi I'm 25 and I'm working in Hanoi till the end of juin. It would be nice if anyone is up for a partying or a sightseeing day as I feel a bit alone, my colleagues are all about 50's and 60's and are busy with their family which I can understand

I'm up to hang out. We should go around and do bar hopping.

Hey, If someone has time for meeting, we should make an appointment.

R u still in Hanoi? we can meet up! add me ***
tks

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details through private messaging. Thank you.

I don't know which Hanoi you are in, bars close at 10 pm, and things are quiet??? The city rocks, it's crazy here. Maybe you found Las Vegas quiet as well, and everything closed there at 10 pm?