In a jam,any advice?

Went on a visa run to guatemala,this time i decided to fly,arived in guatemala city from mx city stayed for three days.I flew back to Mx yesterday where they denied entry and deported me back to guatemala.The reason they gave was that i was in mx for two years on a tourist visa even though i never overstayed my 180 days.My Mexican girlfriend who is 5 months pregnant is going to visit imigration in morelia on monday as today is a holliday,apart from that i dont know what to do

Guatemala could be the problem. You might have to fly to the states and reenter on foot. Of course, being the father of a Mexican child is the path to Residente Permanente. ¡Suerte!

You could also see if you have better luck via Belize. I used going there 3 times to renew my visitor visa, before I became permanent.
For some reason Guatemala seems to be a problem . I have heard of people having difficulty before.

buena suerte

So apparently crossing via Guatemala is a bad idea.

Mexico is really cracking down on anyone coming from Guatemala. "Much of the unauthorized traffic is illegally traded goods — eggs, soda, toilet paper, you name it — crossing from Mexico into Guatemala, where trucks park along the riverbank awaiting their uninspected cargo."

Be very careful.

The reason they gave. For deporting me was that i had been in mexico for a total of two years on a tourist visa.can i try and reenter?or am i not on a computer as a deportee,banned from entering for a time?.

I never had any problem crossing from Guat by land it was very easy and relaxed.I was deported from benito Juarez Airport

Benito juarez airport was the problem according to the imigration official in morelia.His advice to my girlfriend was that she needs to fo to chiapas and meet me at the border,and from there i can enter on foot.

stinkyboy1 wrote:

Benito juarez airport was the problem according to the imigration official in morelia.His advice to my girlfriend was that she needs to fo to chiapas and meet me at the border,and from there i can enter on foot.

Well that sounds like a long day, but if it works, that  is what it is about. Good luck. It's closer than Belize, but then much closer than the U.S. ;)

Thanks,yeh it will be a long day for her,its been a long week,looking forward to getting home,primero Dios.

Sorry to hear about your dilemma. And this is why this site is so great, informing each others.
I will follow this tread and see what develops.
Where in Guatemala are you staying ? Guat city I assume ?
I have been keeping My boat in Guatemala for 7 years now. I love the place, but it is not perfect.
We also need to exit every 180 days. First 90 days is free, the first extension is Q300 about $37.00 U.S.
Then I need to get out. Usually Belize or Mexico for a few days, but I always make it at least a week.
Mexico just like Guatemala and Mexico for that matter (and every where else south), seem to have wide and fluid interpretations of the rule book.
I have a 10 year permit for My boat in Mexico, and 2 years ago I had a hard time getting in to Mexico. For Me it was no problem, but the boat was an other story. The only port of entry on the south point Xcalak as been closed. so North We have to go. the only safe anchorage in any weather is Cozumel. There it is a nightmare to do the paper work for the boat. They do not like boats unless they are cruise ship. So Cancun and Isla Mujeres, is normally the place to do the paperwork. Normally, is the keyword.
It depends on who is behind the badge. If I use an agent, it cost $250.00 extra but I sit on the boat, drink beer and 3 hours later I have all My papers. simple enough. Doing it by Myself should also be easy, Immigration, health, port captain and customs are all next to each others. Should not take more then 3 hours normally, 2 years ago it took Me 3 days. All sort of excuse, too busy come later, the port captain is not here, etc... etc... etc... When I got My paper work done, the last person told Me I should have stopped in Mahahual. Only problem, it that it is wide open no safe anchorage and no pier or dock unless you have a boat the size of a cruise ship. It is totally wide open to the elements, and in a small boat (43 ft sloop), it is dangerous, very dangerous. And no cruiser's charts. No boaters I know ever did their paperwork in Mahahual. But that official. said it was the rule. So one day one rule, next day different person, different rule. Tourist visa should be easier, after all millions of tourists goes to Mexico every years. But there is no guaranties. Their country, their rules (sometimes) and I respect that. Mexico is normally easy to get in, but not all the time. Even when following the rules.

Keep us posted. I am sure we can all learn something from your experience.

J-M Fortin capt(ret)
S/V Ete Infini

By the way. What part of Mexico do you live in normally ? Mexico city ?

stinkyboy1 wrote:

Went on a visa run to guatemala,this time i decided to fly,arived in guatemala city from mx city stayed for three days.I flew back to Mx yesterday where they denied entry and deported me back to guatemala.The reason they gave was that i was in mx for two years on a tourist visa even though i never overstayed my 180 days.My Mexican girlfriend who is 5 months pregnant is going to visit imigration in morelia on monday as today is a holliday,apart from that i dont know what to do

Hi, I have a question when you left by plane did you give back your FMM tourist visa, have you kept a copy ? If yes, then your FMM would be the proof of your stay.  If not, this could be the problem and creating the confusion in the computer database. It could also be related to previous exits and entries in Mexico.

Personnaly, my wife and I have always kept copies of our Visas, we have been travelling in Mexico and Guatemala since 1993 so periods up to 180 days by various means and never had a problem.
Once, in 2013, we were leaving on the 180th day of our FMM but with a connecting flight In Mexico city we were living at 1AM so we were giving back our FMM on the 181st day so I went to INM at the airport to advise them to avoid any problem or confusion.

Also, like joaquinx said, you should look at a more Permanent visa for family union "unitad familiar" link
https://consulmex2.sre.gob.mx/montreal/ … tetemporal but you most comply to various criterias.

Buena suerte a ti y tu esposa, GyC.

Mrjfortin wrote:

It depends on who is behind the badge. If I use an agent, it cost $250.00 extra but I sit on the boat, drink beer and 3 hours later I have all My papers. simple enough. Doing it by Myself should also be easy, Immigration, health, port captain and customs are all next to each others. Should not take more then 3 hours normally, 2 years ago it took Me 3 days. All sort of excuse, too busy come later, the port captain is not here, etc... etc... etc... When I got My paper work done, the last person told Me I should have stopped in Mahahual. Only problem, it that it is wide open no safe anchorage and no pier or dock unless you have a boat the size of a cruise ship. It is totally wide open to the elements, and in a small boat (43 ft sloop), it is dangerous, very dangerous. And no cruiser's charts. No boaters I know ever did their paperwork in Mahahual. But that official. said it was the rule. So one day one rule, next day different person, different rule. Tourist visa should be easier, after all millions of tourists goes to Mexico every years. But there is no guaranties. Their country, their rules (sometimes) and I respect that. Mexico is normally easy to get in, but not all the time. Even when following the rules.

Keep us posted. I am sure we can all learn something from your experience.

J-M Fortin capt(ret)
S/V Ete Infini

Looks like you learned one of the most important things about Mexico. The rules are fluid in a fixed sort of way. That's why the border you choose is so important. Borders times, agents, all important. Crossing at Guatemala is risky, Belize would have probably been easy. Everyone is fussing about spending only 3 days, so plan on a longer stay. Pointing out rules when you stand at the border will get you no where fast. That agent is the person that decides. I had to offer a gratuity of sorts on one trip just to get a visa for more than 30 days. Flexibility and patience are a must.

Im in Guatemala city,I live in Morelia.Tomorrow morning i get the chicken bus to tacun uman on the mex guat border.My girlfriend is leaving morelia on friday to fly to tapachula,i booked a hotel for her and a return flight.Im going to meet her at the border crossing at talisman sat afternoon please God.She is 6 months pregnant,im hoping they will have a little bit of human decency and let me bring her home.I have not been illegaly in mexico for one minute,its frustrating to say the least

Thank you all for your posts,they have been a comfort to me,I will let yall know when im back in Morelia.

Just got back into Mexico 9 days after being denied entry and subsequently deported from benito juarez airport.I sucessfull entered at the border ot Talisman in mx el carmen guatemala.My advice would be to NEVER go on a visa run through benito juarez airport.

Glad you made it.

Very good lesson, and advice.
Perhaps skipping Guatemala completely would be an even better idea, at least that's what my Mx. friends here said.
Well, it was more like "he did what" !
Welcome back.