Moving to Ambato to teach english

Hello everyone im new to this !! My name is Edwin,im 27 from Zimbabwe and considering moving to Ecuador to teach English in Ambato. I just wanted to ask if anyone had any words of wisdom for me lol. I was generally worried about safety and racial issues. Any information would be greatly appreciated guys !! Thank You !!

The reality is the only persons who can adequately answer these questions are black people and especially black Africans. I am neither and have never experienced racism here in any context and truly believe Ecuadorians are some of the friendliest people on the face of the earth. Having stated that there is a thread here that mentions some level of racism against black people. Furthermore after reading that thread I started to ask black people here if they experienced racism. A couple of the replies were to the affirmative.

Interestingly enough a study came out recently from the University of Toronto which concluded that humans are predisposed to being racists from 6 months old unless they were taught to be tolerant, for example giving a white child a brown doll, and vice versa, or by mingling with people of other colors. The point here if racism does exist for black people in Ecuador then it's better to live and work in an area that is varied ethnically as the people would have been exposed to people of various colors and as such more tolerant.

Hi @vsimple !! thank you so much for your reply !!