Mistakes expats make in Romania

Hello everyone,

Did you make any mistakes when you first moved to Romania? What were they?

How did you address your mistakes? Did you learn anything from them?

With hindsight, what would you do differently?

Are there any tips you could give future expats in Romania to help them avoid these kinds of mistakes?

We look forward to hearing from you!

Priscilla

Hi priscilla, buna ziua... well... I didn't made mistake actually. Everything was planned ahead by me and my husband. He was well informed by somebody/friend on what to do and how to do things before we got married here in bucharest. He went to the Philippines to arranged a visa for me  that is the basic requirements to be married here in Romania. Everything went so fast since we have all the necessary documents. After I got the visa we flew here. And then we start to work on the documents needed for our civil wedding. Things goes well... It might not be perfect but everything is gana be alright.

For the future expats all I can advise to you is that don't come here without complete legal documents. There is no short cut to everything...  It takes time to process anything but just be patient... and at least learn basic Romanian language.

Well i didn't really have too many serious mistakes...but i think my biggest mistake was during the time i was trying to learn Romanian better i tried using Russian since i speak Russian and German....Russian is not too well recieved as i found out but this was my worst mis step. Also I must agree if getting married or the like here travel with all your needed documents also for Immigration!...The only other thing i can really share is have patience for those from western countries....there is more politeness and communication here not like robotic assembly line  in west.  Above all take time to relax talk to people and just enjoy life here it is peaceful and friendly! And when you are walking around and you here someone speaking a language you recognize say hello...it will be welcomed :D TE IUBESC ROMANIE!!!!