COVID-19 and expatriation in Romania

Hello everybody,

The COVID-19 crisis inevitably impacts Romania, between closed airports or periods of containment in some cities or even the entire country .
We would like to hear from you during this unusual period, to find out what the consequences of this pandemic are on your expatriation or expatriation project in Romania.

Does the current crisis call into question your long-term expatriation project?
If you are already settled in Romania, do you plan to return to your home country?

How are you living through such an uncertain period, especially if you are far from your loved ones?

Have any of you ended your expatriation in Romania unexpectedly?

Paradoxically, has this crisis brought you closer to some people?

What are your plans for the future?

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Hope you are doing well.

Loïc.

Hello,

Well, I don't know really how to express myself about the current situation. But I guess this Is a challenge for all of us and staying still in a pandemic context is the best solution, because we might try to get home and we'll get the virus on the way then we'll end up contaminating our loved ones.
So from my side, im trying to focus on work actually (because we're still working from hope). It becomes a little bit harder in the weekends and free days when you feel lonely and with no human contact, but we will survive this its just a matter of time I think.
Afterwards we will learn to live with it get back to our offices and take the mesures and precautions necessary to avoid getting contaminated, since the economy should stay on, otherwise we won't find what to eat.

Stay positive, strong and most of all safe.
It always ends up being okay.
:D

I'm not currently in Romania, but my wife and son are.   They're pretty much locked down, with police stopping them and questioning if they go out to the store or whatever.
I haven't seen them since January, so we make do with Messenger (text, video, calls).
They're going stir crazy, of course, so I've mostly stopped recounting my day, since things are pretty normal where I am in Germany, and it makes them sadder.
None of us are sick, though, so we're doing as well as can be expected, under the circumstances.
Our 15th anniversary is in 8 days...and I get to send her a 😘 instead of anything more substantial, because package delivery (we us a private service) has been stopped for the duration.

I guess my situation is different. I am an American married to a Romanian. I'm working from home teaching my class. It's very difficult. I'm worried about my family in the US. Hopefully this will end soon and we can once again resume our lives. Then I will travel home to see my family.

We are isolated at home. We have 2 orchards & vegetable garden so have plenty to do. However, my husband has COPD & other health problems so we're avoiding even the neighbours all of whom seem to think it's okay to have your friends & family around. Our main problem is that the buses have stopped. It is 13km to the nearest cashpoint & will take me about 3 hours to walk! I hope the lock in ends before I run out of cash! We have a little shop & a pharmacy but no facilities for paying by card. Keep safe everyone.