Housing Tyrol

Hi
I have been offered a job just outside Kufstein but am struggling to find many properties to rent in the local area. We have a family to move out. From your experiences do you need to be in the area to get a feel for what is going on? Also for budgeting we have assumed we would need up to pay €1800 in rent for a 4 bedroom property which is making the finances a little tight.
Thanks

charlo camb wrote:

Hi
I have been offered a job just outside Kufstein but am struggling to find many properties to rent in the local area. We have a family to move out. From your experiences do you need to be in the area to get a feel for what is going on? Also for budgeting we have assumed we would need up to pay €1800 in rent for a 4 bedroom property which is making the finances a little tight.
Thanks

Hey charlo camb

Welcome to Expat.com :)

It is always best to be in the area to find somewhere to stay. Austria completely different to the UK when it comes to property.

I would find a few agents and give them what you require and let them do the work.

Property in Tyrol is one of the most expensive areas of Austria.

Can't your new employers help you in finding a place?

Hi SimCityAT,

Thanks for that. I have had some help from the company but ultimately i need to pick an area. It just seems that there's much less choice compared to the UK. This is also the same in Rosenheim as this could also be an option...