Looking for a "Miracle Fruit" or Synsepalum dulcificum Plant.

If anyone knows of a nursery on the island that has this plant for sure, please let me know. I've been looking for a year. Cheers, Karen

You might try asking here.

Thanks, I msg'd them, waiting for a reply.

Hi Karen,

Try Montoso Gardens. I can, almost, guarantee they have the miracle fruit plant (and SOOOO much more). I lived in Maricao for a year (the world's most amazing Alcalde and some of the nicest people you will ever meet) on my way to Adjuntas and I worked for David Brunner at Montoso Gardens for a short time. The Brunner's are great people with an amazing farm and a great vision for where they are taking the farm after the death of the original founder and family member. They regularly ship internationally so if you aren't up to making the trip to Maricao just yet you can, likely, still get the plants shipped to you.

If you do make it to Maricao and want to stay the night, La Luna is the place to do it. It is just a block from the plaza and super cute and completely furnished. Jason and Richard are incredible. I think Jason recently opened his restaurant above the apartment to the public and that guy can really cook and Richard is really knowledgeable about the area and has some great stories to tell. If you do decide to stay at the apartment, you'll need to arrange it with Jason or Richard so that one of them can make sure to be in town to greet you.

It is such a tiny town but well worth a visit. I, honestly, almost stayed there permanently.

Karenqc wrote:

If anyone knows of a nursery on the island that has this plant for sure, please let me know. I've been looking for a year. Cheers, Karen

Oh wow, thanks, that's just the info I needed. They have been on my must visit list for a long time now. I've been wanting to bring a large group (to maximize the owners efforts) but I can never get everyone on the same schedule. Hope they don't mind if it's just the two of us. I will definitely make arrangements w Jason/Richard to see them in the near future. I am really excited to see their property and now that they have a restaurant, doubly so. Thank you as well for the recommendation of La Luna, I can't wait to plan everything out!