How has your life changed in Singapore

Hello everyone,

Has your life changed since you moved to Singapore? If so, in what way?

Tell us more about all the changes in your life regarding your family, job, or friends. What about your frame of mind? How would you define your mood?

Leisure activities improve our health and social interactions. How much time do you dedicate to leisure activities and networking nowadays?

Would you say that your standard of living has improved in Singapore? What income differences have you noticed?

On a scale of 0 to 10, tell us how much your expatriation to Singapore has transformed your life (0 = no change, 10 = dramatic change).

We look forward to hearing from you!

Priscilla

Certainly I would rate 8 in pretext of my overall experience in Singapore. During this 10years of staying here, now I'm financially independent with positive career progression and more self esteem.

Believe, once you reach certain point in your career, you will have time for family bonding, involvement in social activities to give back to the society. I'm happy to say that currently involving myself into these activities more frequently than before.

Hence, overall staying period in Singapore has given me positive energy and better standard of living without any doubt.

I came to Singapore as a young person right after finishing my studies, my first time living abroad. I loved, lost, loved again, eventually married and had a baby, I worked, changed jobs, improved my career, became unemployed, was a freelancer, worked abroad from Singapore as a base, I became financially independent, learned a lot, encountered good and bad times, was never bored for even a minute, stayed much longer than initially planned - altogether 12 years.
I wouldn't be the person I am now if not for Singapore.
I still feel at home there, but now prefer a place with more tranquility, space for leisure and family - plus the possibility to own a nice home without going bankrupt over it.