Non-EU spouse of a Non-EU Work Permit

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if someone knows do the non-EU spouses of non-EU citizens with a work permit get a work permit too? Are the non EU spouses allowed to work upon receiving the residence permit? If not, do they have any advantages when it comes to obtaining a work permit?

Also, my spouse will apply for a residence permit next week (work permit already obtained). Do you recommend for us to wait until my spouse's residence card arrives or apply together with her/her application number?

Thank you!

Any help is much appreciated - thank you!

I am not really sure because my situation is different as an EU citizen with a non EU citizen spouse. However, I would presume that as you are both non EU citizens, you do not derive any right from your spouse to work or live here and that your application will be viewed on its own right. Hope that helps

We, non-EU citizens, are people too. ;) Family Reunification law allows family members of non-EU citizens with work permits to join their spouses, I am just not sure about the procedure duration and the work permit. Thanks for reaching out!

hi
i got an offer with an accounting firm as accountant and my family wants to reunite with me my husband and son of 7 years, but will they be allowed to work or need to re apply for another work permit

LOVENA83 wrote:

hi
i got an offer with an accounting firm as accountant and my family wants to reunite with me my husband and son of 7 years, but will they be allowed to work or need to re apply for another work permit

you keep asking the same question over and over and over.  You're obviously just not going to get the answer here.

Please stop posting the same thing and just call the immigration department or something.

Non-EU citizens ( spouses) getting residence using G form (family members) woud need to apply for a work permit.

Hi
cost of living in malta lets say mosta, budget for a house /utilities and transport please

LOVENA83 wrote:

Hi
cost of living in malta lets say mosta, budget for a house /utilities and transport please

Please read all the posts on these subjects as the questions have been covered many times, please use the search button.