Advice needed

Hi everyone, Im thinking of opening a business in retail in Bali but would be based in Australia and could only get up maybe once a month and during all school holidays! Is this a feasabile option to be living out of bali and owning a business? would really appreciate any feedback, have been up to bali over 30 times

Welcome to Expat-blog, greig

Your discussion has been redirected to the Bali forum for effective networking.

Regards

I think with online business, your ideas would always be feasible

Have you looked at the legalities of owning a business in bali and working it out of australia. If a company or business in australia think of the taxes. If out of bali you need balinese partners and company setup and coming back to Bali will mean you are not allowed to work. Really need to see a notaris and see how it can and should be setup. If need someone let me know and can recommend a very good english speaking guy there who is trustworthy.

hi greig, you can contact me and we can discuss.
i also have a business partner from norway and so far so good.

to open a bussiness retail in bali, while you stay at australia, is only possible if you have local partner, you can have indonesian partner or you can have australian citizen partner who already living in bali and more better if the australian partner who living in Bali already run a bussiness in bali, so already know how to do in Bali.
i have a few friends, she is an australia citizen and already have a bussiness in restaurant bussiness in bali. also german citizen who also already own three restaurant and one tour travel company in bali.

Hi Greig, I'm also from Perth and know many of the issues attached to doing a retail business here. If you next visit and want to speak let me know.