Hotel jobs for foreigners in Bali

Hi everyone,
I'm Ali from Iran. I am currently working in Iran as a waiter in an Italian fine dining  restaurant in Tehran. I'm going to come to Bali to find a job in hotels or restaurants there in June. My question is whether it is possible for a foreigner to get a waiting job there or employers prefer to hire locals as waiter.

Preference is unimportant as the law means it's impossible for you do work legally in that sort of job.
Working illegally is an extremely bad idea that could lead to large fines, prison time and deportation at your own expense.

Hi Fred
What do you mean? You are telling that in Bali there is no foreign waiter. You really sound disappointing .
What about hotels like Marriott.

To work legally in Indonesia you must have skills that aren't available from the local workforce.
That means working as a waiter is impossible for a foreigner to do legally.
No grey area here, strictly blank and white.

So Fred you as a person living in Indonesia supposing to help people in this site are suggesting me not to come to Bali because there are already enough locals to get jobs in hotels and restaurants. And coming to Bali in June and searching for jobs is a waste of time and money. Am I right?

Jahaniali wrote:

So Fred you as a person living in Indonesia supposing to help people in this site are suggesting me not to come to Bali because there are already enough locals to get jobs in hotels and restaurants. And coming to Bali in June and searching for jobs is a waste of time and money. Am I right?

Pretty much, yes.

I try to help people when possible but I won't help anyone commit a crime.
This is very simple - a foreigner working as a waiter on the island of Bali is illegal and you would be very likely to get arrested, fined, possibly face time in prison and be deported.

You can pop over and try, but immigration is very likely to stop you at the airport and deport you if you're honest with them, or arrest you later if you find work, then deport you after fines and so on.

PS - I am helping you by saving you the air fares, the fines and helping you avoid prison.

I think that's pretty helpful stuff.

I don't want to or have the intention to work illegally in Bali. When I find myself an employer he would provide the necessary work documents I am totally aware of punishment for working illegally. You mistaken my intentions . Anyway you didn't help me you just said DON'T COME DON'T COME

Yes, don't come, don't come.

YOU CAN'T FIND AN EMPLOYER WHO CAN PROVIDE THE WORK PERMIT AND VISA BECAUSE IT'S ILLEGAL FOR YOU TO DO THAT JOB IN INDONESIA.

I rather hope that is clear enough but I posted in in caps lock, large, bold and red as you don't seem to understand when I use normal type.

Really is there a law for that . Could you send me the any links for this claim

Tell you what, book a flight but remember to tell the immigration officer why you want to visit Bali as soon as you get to the front of the queue.

If you come to Indonesia in the hope of finding a job you need to find a sponsor who is willing to support you and employ in the field that you are looking for. This would be a lot easier if it were not for the fact that hotels and restaurants can only employ people with a skill that a local person could not or does not have.
Sadly this means waiters/receptionists/hotel staff and the like.

Bali has enough people already in these fields and I would think that you are chasing a dream. Fred is correct, don't come on the belief that you can find work just like that. Whilst I suspect you can, once the police or immigration raid the premises and your new found management walk away from you and wont support you then you can face jail time, deportation a huge fine and a very big stamp in your passport which will block your desire to work overseas from your native land.

You should also be aware that you will be more than likely be asked as to what is your purpose for visiting Bali and immigration will not let you in especially if you have no proof of address you are staying at, a return ticket or a sponsor who would support you.

Fred, myself and a myriad of others here will help you by advising not to come to search for work because it could put you in danger and in trouble and that is the best help anyone can give.  A simple warning which is true.

Thanks
So I should first send my resume to good hotels in Bali and when they accept me come to Bali
Not without a job offer but with a job offer

I give up ... almost

Any hotel that hires you would have to pay a $1,200 fee for the pleasure of employing a foreigner when they don't have to pay it for hiring a local.

The hotel would have to jump through hoops and do loads of paperwork in order to employ you, but have almost none when employing a local.

The hotel would have to do all the paperwork and pay for an immigration document for you, but don't when employing a local.

There's a terrible unemployment rate in Bali, so why would anyone go to all that trouble to get you a work permit? and you'll never get one for manual work because of it.

I fully realise the OP will totally ignore the facts in some crazy hope of getting work but it might well be useful to posters who are willing to accept reality.

and the up to maybe more 6 month delay for visa, which then is 6 months and then you have to reapply.

OK thanks

I am having 15 years experience in Jakarta on Finance and Account side. My age is 66. I am from India. Any chance to get job in Bali?

Probably not. Sorry