Cost of living in Dominican Republic - 2017

Can you message me about private insurance please? I am 60, hubby is 50. We do not smoke. No pre-existing other than I have some back issues. I can provide more info. We do not have residency but I believe you have mentioned not to wait too long, at least in my case, to buy?

Thank you!

I messaged you.

I just returned from nearly 2 months in the States and I am still convinced I live here for 40% less than the costs in the states.

Bob K

Just came back from a week in Sosua and seriously considering retiring there in a year ...or less. I'm ready to go now, but my wife has some concerns on whether or not it is that much cheaper to live than here in Canada. She has some health issues which require multiple prescriptions. Glad to see comments here on actual costs. We would like to find a house with a pool and fenced yard for our 2 dogs in the Sosua area. I feel that having $2500-$3000 CND to spend per month should allow us to live comfortably there even with the cost of her medications. Thanks for all your advice and opinions. Glad I found this forum.

'Tis true Bob, 'tis true.  Hard to believe until you have been here awhile. Sometimes it takes a trip away to be reminded of our good fortune.

Tinker you are right.  It was nice to get stuff I don't find or get here but it is also nice to be home :)

Bob K

Robear.
First off welcome to the forum. Lots of good folks and good info here

You should do ok on that amount of money if you are careful and consume local products rather than imported.

Bob K

Welcome to the forums. I agree with Bob, you should be fine with that income.