Asking for help!

My husband and I are Puerto Rican, but we have lived for 30 years in New Jersey, we have around 20 years in the hotel industry and 5 years ago we have been working in Healthcare, where I can find applications? We are thinking of  moving to PR ?
Thanks in advance.

Hi Lourdes,
Welcome to the forum.
I am not in the island yet but I will give you some advice.
Get a list of the hotels and call them for a resume, the same with the hospitals in the area. If you have family in PR they can check the newspapers for you.
But let's be clear, while in the US the unemployment is 4.8%, in PR it is around 12%.
Hotel industry is growing a little at a time and there are new hotels coming up but they pay crap. A lot of people in the medical industry are leaving the island so there are some positions available but they could be anywhere in the island.

If you have family see if you can stay with them for a few months before you go thru the expense of renting a place and having contracts. Stay flexible, jobs are hard to come by and to keep them.

If you have capital you can get some land and build a place for tourists to stay.

Sorry to be negative, but getting jobs in PR is hard and they don't pay much.

I will agree with Rey, retirement in the island is one thing. You have a secure income to rely on. But coming here to work or looking for a job is a completely different.

If you have that experience in the hotel industry you could rent a property here and put it on a site like airbnb or homeaway. Trust me when I say that your competition isn't that saavy, LOL. Airbnb's here are the worst! So there's definitely a need for good hospitality. Where I'm currently staying the rent is around $1,700 but the neighbor has had someone in his home from homeaway at least 15 days out of the month and charges $350 a night!  The last family stayed 7 or 8 days.

I agree with adlin and rey, I wouldn't come to find a job either.