Moving to Kuwait

Hi Guys,

This is Akash here.. Trust you all are doing well.

I am moving to Kuwait as I have been offered a job in the media space. Lived lavishly in Mumbai, India but Want to know, is KWD 2200 a good enough salary to live there? 

Can anyone tell me what will be the house rent as most of the apartments I am researching are freaking expensive! Like over KW 550 kinds.

Also, do we get alcohol there? I understand its a dry country but do we still get?

Hey there

2200 is more than enough bro :)

As for apartments, well you can find a 2 bed room in Salmiya area for 400-450

550 is way too much.

Are you coming alone or with family?

Hey Man...thanks for responding! Initially I am gonna be alone but wifey and two Kids(labradors :) ) will be joining me in like 3months time

If you thought apartments were freakishly expensive, wait until you are able to shop for a car.

Since family is joining and uf you looking for an average condition 2 bedroom apartment in reasinable area like Salmiyah then you find anything less than 600-650, seaview starts from 800 upwards, but you may find something in Salwa area where lots of expats live too for something around 500-550 but spacious. Anything in Salmiyah for less than 370 for 1 bedroom will be a junk. Also, you need to make your calculation if your kids will be going to English schools if your wife is not working...!!!

Lol..its not that man

hey thanks a ton man...appreciate your inputs

Where you will be working might aid you in selecting reasonable housing, too.

Two bedrooms in other communities aren't as pricey as Salmiyah. 

Why is everyone always so fixated on Salmiyah when apartment prices are discussed?

Hi AAKASH! Hope you are doing well. I believe that KWD 2200 is a pretty good salary for a start although I don't know if that is your basic salary and you will be receiving other allowance too, or whether this figure is all inclusive. And if you have lived lavishly in Mumbai till now, you can expect a decent Apartment to cost KWD 550, specially in areas like Salmiya. I don't know whether you are checking for 1 or 2 Bedrooms and fully furnished or unfurnished places. But a decent 2 Bedroom Apt in a building with good amenities does cost in the range of KWD 450 - 550 at most areas in Kuwait.***

regarding Alcohol, since I do not drink personally, my knowledge is scant about availability other than the fact that some boot-legging thing does prevail here too. But I will urge you to respect the local laws and traditions once you are here so that you keep out of trouble, at least till the time you do not become completely comfortable with Kuwait. You can always travel occasionally to Dubai or Bahrain for Alcohol and other indulgences. I know a lot of people here do that to be on the safe side.

Hoping that you arrive soon and stay safe always. Cheers!!

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please