Weather and what to wear in Bahrain

Hi There,

One of my silly questions before arriving in Bahrain. I guess it would be good to ask and be silly now then being silly when being there :D

In few days I'll be in Bahrain and I was wondering what kind of clothing should I bring with me (in terms of weather). I have read the forecast and some info about the mild temperature of Bahrain in winter, but I would not like to appear in meetings with summer clothes or with really Scottish ones.
Definitely while there I will buy new ones (I cannot bring all my wardrobe with me) but at least for the first weeks I will need no to think of that....

I welcome your suggestions....

PS: I hope this post will be useful also for other people just wondering about this ;)

mostly its hot down here,, but for now... some jackets could help.... it not that THAT is too cold here... but nowadays we are having rains.... and my car is sad bout that ;)

Hi Expat 13
There are no silly questions, only inadequate answers I've been told :D

The problem is adjustment !
I do feel cold in evening times when it's around 14-15°C because I'm now used to the temperatures here. My son who came from France for 2 weeks was feeling perfectly ok with shorts and t-shirts while I was needing a light pull over :D
During the day temp is around 18-20° but the winter sun is a bit weak. My suggestion is to bring your spring collection, that will do :D
And if you need anything, you can shop all king of clothes here or even have them tailor made for a very cheap price compared to western countries... !

See you soon then

Olivier

Many thanks for the useful information :)
See you soon :)

I would suggest you wear full riot gear......

Dubliner1967 wrote:

I would suggest you wear full riot gear......

We should really try to avoid triviliasing the events going on over here. Too many people are dying needlessly.

I'd suggest to put on your shorts and hang out by the pool for the foreseeable future.

HI Knut,

yes, i am agree with what you have told, we have to avoid bad comments on what happening now adays here in Bahrain, i feel sad and bad, about the real situation, many people have lost their lives., in which we can enjoy to it the fullest.

Prayers are the still the best weapons!!, regards with clothing, I am very much in details when it comes to clothes, as i came from a beautiful tropical country in ASia, you should wear shorts, skirts, and some cool cotton made blouses, coz summer here is extreme...:cool:

ciao.......