Dating in bahrain

i just came in bahrain a couple of months ago for a job offer in a construction company. out of boredom i found a guy in skout.

he's a christian lebanese and working in saudi.

we met twice and he seems a good guy.

he wanted to stay in my flat or in a hotel with me for sleep over because he always reach bahrain around 10pm to see me and he dont want to go back to saudi after a few hours.

i cant get a precise rules about dating here so i decided to ask people. is it okay to go with him in a hotel?

we both agreed to get two rooms or atleast 2 beds by the way.

You are really new in Bahrain :)

yes i am. lol! why?

Hi LadyJalel,

first of all, welcome to the Kingdom of Bahrain. I fully understand how it feels when boredom strikes. And yes, I am also using skout most of my free times.

Dating isn't a big issue for as long as you are both single or else you will soon get into trouble.  ;)

Another point i want to clarify is that, you are living here in bahrain right? you're saying that the man is such a good guy but oops! why he is asking you to sleep over in a hotel? He can get a hotel for himself for he is living in saudi i guess. And no matter how late it could be,he can still manage to send you home. Spend some time talking to him to know him some more, but see to it that you will not sleep over in the same flat. Logically, there is some reason behind getting a hotel.

Don't get me wrong but i think no man will ask to sleep over in one flat/hotel by just seeing twice if he is truly respecting a woman (you). This maybe sound sarcastic, but that is only my point of view.

Bottom line, Dating is nice but sleeping over with the man you are dating is quite "dangerous".

Piece of Advice: Take care of yourself, nobody will do for you except yourself. You are a woman, & it is very risky to come & go in a hotel alone.

take care!

cheers.
Lou-Lou

I don't know who are you and also who is he. Maybe he is very nice person. But only thing I can say is be careful at the beginning and don't feel upset later.

Keep in your mind that, Bahrain is "HEAVEN" for the most of the people (expat or Saudi) who are living in KSA...

To answer your question, nothing will prevent two willing individuals from being together in a hotel room or in a flat. Bahrain is an open country and what people decide to do with themselves is their business.

However, I too would advise you, just like the rest of the respondents above - to be careful about a stranger you just met online.

Best wishes.

In some hotels you need to provide a marriage certificate if one of you looks Indian.. But that's in Dubai. Here, I don't know

Thanks a lot for all of your response. I think I'm not gonna go with him since this is my first time here in middles east and dating an Arab guy. I've been in different countries mostly liberal countries that's why I'm very open with the idea. But since Middle East has a very strict rules and laws and really different culture I think I should be more careful.

Lindochka wrote:

In some hotels you need to provide a marriage certificate if one of you looks Indian.. But that's in Dubai. Here, I don't know

I don't think such a requirement exists in Bahrain; and even if it does I doubt it is enforced.

ladyjalel wrote:

Thanks a lot for all of your response. I think I'm not gonna go with him since this is my first time here in middles east and dating an Arab guy. I've been in different countries mostly liberal countries that's why I'm very open with the idea. But since Middle East has a very strict rules and laws and really different culture I think I should be more careful.

Excellent idea.

It's not exactly who he is or what his origin is that matters. Just the fact that you barey know him is reason enough for you to be careful.

Best wishes.

Just an advice,  practice caution with people whom you've just met online :)

It's totally fine going for a movie,  coffee but a sleepover,  well if you trust a person totally that's a different thing :)

Sorry to say but he probably sees that you are naive and is using you. . I would avoid him at all costs. You may be lonely but I suggest making female friends first and settling in.

Sorry to the good guys, not everyone is alike but I just want this poor woman to see the light.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : part of this messsage has been edited as it is considered to be offensive
Josnuggles wrote:

Sorry to say but he probably sees that you are naive and is using you. I would avoid him at all costs. You may be lonely but I suggest making female friends first and settling in.

Sorry to the good guys, not everyone is alike but I just want this poor woman to see the light.

Jo - you got the origin of the guy all wrong!  :dumbom:

I certainly did. Shows what 3 major operations and 4 long flights can do to your head lol

Same warning though - you don't know this guy well enough, stay safe and get female friends first.

Thanks Farhaz for looking after me as always  :D

Actually it doesn't matter where anyone comes from. I've seen the scene in bars and brunches here. Men and women alike. The thing is to see it for what it is.. A shag and not be naive about it.

He's just working in Saudi. He's a Lebanese actually. And when we're dating. We do not go in pub. It's mostly drinking coffee in the beach and talking about interesting stuffs about life, his family in Lebanon (parents and siblings) my family in Philippines. But anyway, thanks for the concern though.

Lindochka wrote:

Actually it doesn't matter where anyone comes from. I've seen the scene in bars and brunches here. Men and women alike. The thing is to see it for what it is.. A shag and not be naive about it.

Lindoshka is right. Anyone can have bad intention, so let's try not to target a community here please, some might get really upset.

----

@ Ladyjalel > I think that the members have already replied your questions about dating in Bahrain here, isn't it?

Thank you,

Priscilla :)

They say this is not a dating site so watch out what you do.
Anybody can say he is Christian or Hindo that does not make people good or decent.

There are so many sad stories of ladies that have a broken heart.

This is only my advice to many ladies and I have seen many of them

From a caring guy

I agree. People can be very nice when they want something out of you. Sadly there is a reputation for men working in Saudi coming over to Bahrain for "fun" regardless of their country of origin. Usually this fun includes picking up or having a "girlfriend" (again don't want to stereotype but they usually are Phillipino women) for when they are in town. Most will not look back at you once they find someone better or leave the country.

Your dignity is your own and we can't dictate to you what you do with your life, but allowing a man you've met a few times to "sleep over" means he only wants one thing. That in itself should speak volumes.
Personally if after a few meetings he expects to share your bed and thinks you'd agree means he doesn't have much respect for you.
I'd be telling him no and not seeing him again. Sounds entirely sleezy to me and he's just using you.

Just a small comment,

it's funny how fast people jump to conclusion.

The lady clearly said "Lebanese" guy :)

And Lady, yes be aware of any guy who asks to spend the night with you, he must be really crazy, or worst, :)

Enjoy life

:)

Thanks  Sweetiejho for the compliment.  :gloria

cheers!

I find this whole thread quite funny.

From the initial post, I think Lady wanted to know if she'd get into trouble with the police for it but most of the replies have been about wether she should shag this guy or not!

Lindochka wrote:

From the initial post, I think Lady wanted to know if she'd get into trouble with the police for it but most of the replies have been about wether she should shag this guy or not!

I think it was more about concern for her because of the situation she has met this person in....she's an adult she can shag who she chooses but I guess we were just warning her to be careful thats all.

Lindochka wrote:

Although this may be a funny post, the person asking the question in this post is asking for help/advise. The advise she has obtained has been good and helpful due to the regular contributors we have here. This is exactly what this site is here for, to help those in need of advise.  :|

I agree with fchaudari76 comments  :top:

I assume that the laws on dating and what you can and can't do.....regarding living together married or otherwise are going to be the same as Dubai and other middle Eastern countries.

As for just dating you should see who ever you like and whenever but always be careful and keep things public at first for safety reasons.
That goes for guys as well as girls.
For me there are some people I would find hard to trust because of where they are from....sad to say but it's down to past experiences for me.
Good luck and good life all.

Hello kabayan.. Okay lang makipagdate ka sa levanese na yan pwo mg ingat lang.. Dto sa bahrain ay open country.. Pwo dapat sa juffair area lamg kau mg hotel kc sa juffair kc ang maraming kbabalaghan. Lol.. I mean mraming pokpok... Kaya open na open.. May mga daily rent nman..20,50 bd..

Anyway ingat nlang palagi lalut pilipina ka...

Hi juralyn806,

It would be really nice and friendly if you can keep the conversation in English for everyone to understand and maybe participate as well

Thank you

Maximilien

Ah okay..

Sorry😉

Maximilien wrote:

Hi juralyn806,

It would be really nice and friendly if you can keep the conversation in English for everyone to understand and maybe participate as well

Thank you

Maximilien

I thinck that it is much formal and private, that way it's in Tagalog

For first comment, yes there is no troubles with police or law for dating or staying together in Bahrain as both are adult, it is trouble in Saudia and UAE

But you have to be worry about your family, better let them now that "you have friend here"

Blessing you

Hello,

I totally support to dating department with anyone at anywhere even if it is just one night stand. People are allowed to live their lives as they wish.

However; in this case, there is something which makes me trouble that is you have been giving so much details about your personal life.

Dating someone, sleeping over or having sex must be your privacy and I think you shouldn't share these experiences in public. Especially on this kind of professional platform which presents many useful information to the visitors.

When it comes to your question, Yes. As an unmarried couple, You can stay at Bahrain hotels. but be careful to pick up 4-5 stars one.

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : inappropriate

What planet are you on ?  :lol:

I wish there was a 'slap' icon here to use on certain individuals..  :/

Exactly!
I've been here for more than four years, and so many unpleasant stories happening here, you must be take care of yourself. I am not scaring you, but as an expat, we must avoid going alone with an unknown guy  to avoid trouble in the future.
If you are bored, you can go to church every Friday, there's a lot of good Filipino Christians that can support you. You may contact me, if you don't mind. God bless and take care!

If you are bored, you can go to church every Friday, there's a lot of good Filipino Christians that can support you. You may contact me, if you don't mind. God bless and take care!

I feel the church is a safe place to goto rather than a hotel room with a stranger  :top::D

Bahrain life style and hotels policies Is very openly ok with that ,law enforcement won't go after couple stay in hotel for normal relationship ( wether BF Gf one , or friendship , or either friendship with benifits ) , but the real question that has to come on your mind is , Do you really wanna do such relationship that put you on a situation to end in a hotel room together ( even with the good intention )
I recommend as guy and human you probably you both hang out somewhere  i would say mall or public places that you can meetup and get know each other

I recommend as guy and human you probably you both hang out somewhere  i would say mall or public places that you can meetup and get know each other

Yeah just make sure the dude persuade you to go to the hotel and share a room.  :D
Its still safer in the church   ;)

Hi everybody,

Just to inform you that this thread is from 2015 and is no longer relevant.

We are therefore closing it.

Thanks,

Priscilla

[ Topic closed ]

Closed