New members of the Russia forum, introduce yourself here – 2017

Hi all,

Newbie on the Russia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Russia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Russia forum, introduce yourself here – 2016 continues below!

Hi, I'm new here 😃. I'm originally from New Zealand, but have been living in North Carolina for the last 4 years. I have just accepted a job in Moscow, starting in August, so I'm trying to get more familiar with Moscow and Russia.

Hello!
I am an English teacher and new in Russia. I am located in Krasnodar. I am here to meet some expats in this region. Just started learning Russian as it is extremely difficult to communicate with people and everywhere, everything is written in Russian.

Hi im new here, im from hilippines. if anyone knows how to get a job in russia please let me know, i've been in japan,dubai,singapore and hongkong. This time, i want to try to get a job in russia. Thank you in advance

Hi, Ted here

Recent arrival in St Petersburg.

traveling_kiwi wrote:

Hi, I'm new here 😃. I'm originally from New Zealand, but have been living in North Carolina for the last 4 years. I have just accepted a job in Moscow, starting in August, so I'm trying to get more familiar with Moscow and Russia.

Hi! Are you looking  information  about Rusia ?

Noriel wrote:

Hi im new here, im from hilippines. if anyone knows how to get a job in russia please let me know, i've been in japan,dubai,singapore and hongkong. This time, i want to try to get a job in russia. Thank you in advance

Here are the job sites
HEADHUNTER.RU RABOTA.ru JOB.ru
avito.ru - all ads

Hello everyone...im a nanny here in dammam,Saudi Arabia.ive been before in Hong Kong working as nanny,cook.etc.i want to move in Russia to explore more...looking forward my opportunity to be there.thank you.

Hello guys!

Originally I m Ukrainian but since 2013 I moved to Thailand. I m working in real estate industry for local company. Suddenly after visiting Singapore for Expo last month I extremely fell in love with this country. Looking for new opportunities for work in Singapore. Would be grateful for any tips or offers.

Thanks in advance) Have a great day!

Hi All
I'm Guillaume, in restaurant business, coming from Monte Carlo, 2 weeks per month in Moscow and looking for a Russian Teacher :-))

good day

HI All,

Would be glad to make an orientation tour around Moscow for new-comers, also I can help to find Russian teacher and to find a property for rent/purchase. Welcome to write

Can you help me to find Jobs to teach English?

hi i noticed you are looking for info about Russia is the right? If so, happy to help as I am living here! ))

Thank you for your reply...yes I need to find out more local information about Russia and in particular Moscow as this is the city I will be visiting next year.
I would also like to meet some ex pats as I will be in the city for 9/10 days.
Have a good day and thanks for your reply.
Jimmy

Yes, I am moving there soon and I am looking for jobs

Hello, I am from United Kingdom and I am moving to Moscow so I need some jobs websites in English, please because I can't understand English

Hi, im new here... im from Ecuador and im languages teacher. I teach english (native language) spanish and portuguese... im looking forward to working there... and i would like to meet friends and some guidance...

Hi all! I am from Texas and getting started in my third career!! I just have always been interested in living abroad, England and Russia have been at the top of the list of places to live. My mom's family is from the Herzegovina area of Serbia, when her family was there it was before WWII and still part of Austrohungary. I would love to visit the Old Country sometime as well.  I have always loved the architecture in Russia.

The main problem that I am running into is the lack of a Sponsor. I read somewhere that if you made an investment in Russia that would provide that you wouldn't be a drain on the infrastructure set up to help the poor and elderly. I just can't find anything about the number that is required. Also, I plan on opening a salon so, I would be employing people. Would this count?! It's very confusing.

Dear...may I help you ?

Please! Anything is appreciated. Thank you!

Please any information is appreciated!

Greetings! My name is Stephen, and I am moving to St. Petersburg, Russia in November. I lived is Russia for nearly three years, and when I return I plan on teaching English, and studying Russian.

Thanks

Hello everyone!
I moved to Moscow from Los Angeles. I want to try myself in a different country. So far I enjoy Moscow, it's a beautiful city with alot of history.  I'm not sure if I can call myself an expat, because I was born in Russia, but lived all my life in the United States. Currently working as an Real Estate agent, if there's anything I can help with, please don't hesitate and DM me.  :top:

Try creating a GoFundMe page, you can accept donations from people all around the world. Good Luck  :top:

I'm from Cape Town, South Africa, but now living in Russia, St Petersburg, near Ozerki Metro (blue metro line)! I'd love to make new friends here!!!

I think you meant " you don't understand russian".

Im from west Africa and I wish to study and work in Russia please kindly reply me if you have any idea of that

Hello everybody.
Actually I'm not an expat. I'm a native Russian, who lives in Moscow.
I'd like to make friends with somebody from U.S. I'll be glad to share
thoughts, to give an advise if needed or just to chat about anything.
Let's keep in touch. Misha from Moscow.

I'm moving to Vladivostok from California today to teach English, would love to meet new people. Looking to explore and make new friends. Contact me please ^__^

Hi, it's a pity that you're not in Moscow:)

Hi all,

New to St. Petersburg for a new job. Originally from Chicago but have lived all over the world in recent years. Keen to make new friends.

Aleksandra Abramova wrote:

HI All,

Would be glad to make an orientation tour around Moscow for new-comers, also I can help to find Russian teacher and to find a property for rent/purchase. Welcome to write

Im coming to moscow need a russian teacher and also looking for a relaxing place like any beach or jungle ?

Hi! :) still in Saint Petersbourb?

Came to SPB, not long ago. Going back to Moscow this saturday.
Is there some kind of club or bar where usually there is much more expats?
I speak French,English.

Hi Misha!
I am hoping to move to Moscow in a year or two. How difficult is it to find a flat that will allow cats and children?

Misha,
I forgot to say where I am from. I am in Texas. In the US.

Hi All,
I am Ahmed, from Egypt,  I am an Aerospace engineer pursuing my master degree here in Moscow, I`ve been here since December 2016.
I am 25 , and much interested in the Russian culture and seeing new places and meeting new people around.
I`ve been before to England, Tunisia, and Morocco.
My nearest plans is going to Sochi - for the youth festival - and then to Rostov .
I hope to meet you all :)
Thanks

Hello guys, any body can introduce a good nightclub party for 870th anniversary of moscow in the moscow ? Or if anyone available wecould enjoy it together !!!!

Greetings again everyone, my name is Alvaro, I moved over a year ago to Russia with my wife, we live in Moscow and despite its already been a year, life as you all know goes at high speed in the city and meeting new friends becomes a real challenge. I would like to share with any new expat my experience, learning Russian, finding a job etc. Also if anyone is interested in a bit about myself, Im currently working as a UI designer for a Russian advertising agency, so if you are thinking of a person to build your new app or create a really engaging brand experience, you can always write me and we can get together and talk about possible projects to build together. Last but not least, I'm a native Spanish speakers so tall those interested in chatting over a cup of coffee in my beautiful language your are more than welcome.

Best,
Alvaro a.

Closed