New members of the New Zealand forum, introduce yourself here – 2017

Hi everyone!

Amy here from America. I will be moving to Dunedin in a few weeks to join my boyfriend who is a business owner there.  I have a one year work visa, but as of yet I have not been able to secure a job after my arrival. I have over 23 years of medical billing, administrative and office management experience, however, I would love to do something different once I get settled in. Any information anyone here can offer me on relocation and job leads would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Amy

Hi, i have been living in Auckland for almost 3 months now. I came here as a visitor visa after working and living in Singapore for 6 years and after 4 weeks of enjoying the beautiful scenery here in NZ and looking for a job at the same time i was very fortunate to get a job offer from an accredited company and now i am waiting for my work visa approval hopefully this week.

Hi all,

My name is meeiling from Malaysia. Ever since I had my business trip to New Zealand last year, I started falling in love and always thinking to start new living in New Zealand. I am network engineer working in network field for more than 10 years. I know it will be tough for Malaysian to apply job and live in New Zealand. So I hope I can seek for advise in this forum. Thank you guys, and hope to join you guys as one of the immigrant in New Zealand.

Regards,
meeiling

Hi there.

My name is Josie, I am from York in the UK and I have been living in Wellington NZ for the past year. I love love it here. I have been sharing my experiences on a blog. You can check it out www.lostinsilverfern.com

Keen to hear others stories too

Thanks!

Josie

Hi there we are from Namibia and seriously looking to move to New Zealand. My husband is a qualified electrician and I am in tourism, finance and online programs to increase business in tourism. We have only just decide to make this move and need more information as to the next step. Do we come to visit first and then start the procedure?

Hi Everyone,
It's been almost a year since I have been in new Zealand. Working as a Controls & Automation Engineer and living in Palmerston North city. Originally from Pakistan but moved to NZ from Middle East. Having a great experience of work-life balance and enjoying the nature's beauty equally. Life is very much practical here as compared to Dubai and that is a real plus point.
I welcome everyone who's new or planning to relocate NZ and happy to help the community here.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please don't promote your services on the forum please. Add your service in the business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi to All! I am Wilfredo Madrid, a Filipino civil engineer with more than 27 years of local and international construction combined experience in the Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Singapore, Russia and Papua New Guinea.

Dreaming to live and work in New Zealand permanently with my family. My NZ visitor visa will be released by 16 Sept. 2017. Then planning to travel to seek for job opportunity in NZ Construction industries, sight seeing and meeting friends already resided in Auckland,

However without an essential skills work visa and job offer, I cannot work legally in NZ. Can anyone recommend me to construction company who needs skills technical employee urgently? Does anyone knows vacancy to fill for construction jobs ASAP? Your kind assistance to me will be highly regarded and deeply appreciated. Looking for job as Construction Project Site Supervisor (Building/Civil/Structural).

Am tonie from Kenya. Am thinking of movie to new zealand for job. Any kenyans who can help me with some advice please

hey all
I m Esha. from Bangladesh..i wanted to pursue my higher studies in Auckland.Which will be beneficial in getting job MSc or PGDip.I have completed my graduation in Business Administration major in Finance. Thanks in advance highly appreciate your help.
regards

ESHA00 wrote:

hey all
I m Esha. from Bangladesh..i wanted to pursue my higher studies in Auckland.Which will be beneficial in getting job MSc or PGDip.I have completed my graduation in Business Administration major in Finance. Thanks in advance highly appreciate your help.
regards

Which sorta help you want ?

I got offer one for  Masters prgm and one for PGDip prgm..which one should I prefer for getting a job in NZ.As I m willing to work In NZ after completing my studies.what is the current situation in NZ for Business Graduates? thank u for help.

ESHA00 wrote:

I got offer one for  Masters prgm and one for PGDip prgm..which one should I prefer for getting a job in NZ.As I m willing to work In NZ after completing my studies.what is the current situation in NZ for Business Graduates? thank u for help.

You may start a new post for that as this post is for the introduction of the new comers.

However, to answer your question, I would suggest you in my personal capacity that you should select a masters degree course instead of PGD. That would escalate your skills to an equivalent level of adaptability in the NZ market and a better level, pertaining to NZQA skill set.

thank you...appreciate your help...

ESHA00 wrote:

thank you...appreciate your help...

Most welcome!

Gaurav :: Moving Next Year to New Zealand

Hi,
I am Gaurav, 24 year old from New Delhi (India)

I am planning to move to NZ next year and also want to contribute to the NZ Economy by getting a Job in NZ :)

I want to know the procedure to get the VISA and all other stuff, life in NZ and also the cost of living.

iamgaurav wrote:

Gaurav :: Moving Next Year to New Zealand

Hi,
I am Gaurav, 24 year old from New Delhi (India)

I am planning to move to NZ next year and also want to contribute to the NZ Economy by getting a Job in NZ :)

I want to know the procedure to get the VISA and all other stuff, life in NZ and also the cost of living.

Check out www.immigration.govt.nz for visa information and applications Also contact the nearest NZ Embassy to you.

Hi. I'm also a civil engineer from Durban. I'd be happy to meet up some time and share experiences.

Hi Connie,

I am new to NZ but as per my knowledge, if you have a vehicle in SA registered in your name then you can bring it here without any duty. It has to be registered for more than a year at least . Only you have to pay for the transportation / shipping charge.

Regards,

Binil

You will have to pay GST of 15% which is calculated on the value of the vehicle by customs.
There are shipping costs and then insurance. Shipping from Australia to NZ is minimum $2500.

Cheaper to buy a vehicle in NZ.

Oh ok Stumpy. I was not aware of that. Thanks for the info. But when I sold my car and came here I felt that i simply did mistake of selling it. Anyway I think now I am relieved.  :):D

Same here, same here...
:(

Hi all,
My name is Beebee, married and mum of 1 child. Originally from Mauritius, and been living in Australia for almost 10 years and now relocating to New Zealand.
Just looking for good long term accommodation( (2 bedroom is enough... we are 2 adults and 1 child)in Mount Roskill , mount albert and surrounding area where easily I can get halal food, madrassa..
Any recommendations will be highly appreciated.

@Bilila

Check through the offers in the housing section at the top of this page. Be advised that rental accommodation is very expensive in Auckland.
For cost of living try www.numbeo.com

Bilbila wrote:

Hi all,
My name is Beebee, married and mum of 1 child. Originally from Mauritius, and been living in Australia for almost 10 years and now relocating to New Zealand.
Just looking for good long term accommodation( (2 bedroom is enough... we are 2 adults and 1 child)in Mount Roskill , mount albert and surrounding area where easily I can get halal food, madrassa..
Any recommendations will be highly appreciated.

Accessibility ease of Halal food is not really an issue in Auckland, especially Mt. Roskill and suburbs where Muslim population is fairly large. However, the accommodation is certainly a concern. You need to actively search the various rental portals online for the same. A best choice would be trademe rentals where all the property dealers place the rental / selling ADs.

P.S, I don't live in Auckland :)

Thank you.

Hi all,

I'm Christine from the US. I am hoping to make an internal transfer through my company to Wellington, but my role may end up being in Auckland. Still a few months away from the final decisions.

My husband is Russian and teaches autistic children (ages 15 - 21) in our local public high school, not sure his credentials will transfer yet. We have 4 children, but only our youngest will be moving with us.

We've lived in Ukraine, US and Japan.

Glad to have found these forums.

All the best Christine....  :)

Hi Everyone,

I am an Indian & new here. 15+ years of experience in mechanical engineering design. Planning to move to NZ. My EOI is selected on 20th September and waiting for ITA.

Let's connect together in this long journey and share experience. Any tip/lead for job opportunity is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Spremk

spremkr2001 wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I am an Indian & new here. 15+ years of experience in mechanical engineering design. Planning to move to NZ. My EOI is selected on 20th September and waiting for ITA.

Let's connect together in this long journey and share experience. Any tip/lead for job opportunity is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Spremk

Best of luck. Begin with online registration of your work profile at various job portals. That would certainly help you by the time you arrive here.

Hi Jennifer, under which visa you are moving NZ? Skilled Migration?
Thanks

Thanks I am in the process of applying for work visa for new zealand but I cannot get that until I get a job offer, its catch 22 situation.  I am planning to go Auckland 2018 for at least  1 or 2 years to see the country and work life balance is good might even stay longer.

Hii my name is xayitxon I'm from Uzbekistan I'm 18

Hello everybody! I'm will be moving to Auckland mid january for a job in civil engineering. I have a bout 1.5 years experience in land development so far. Looking forward to the adventure! If anyone in a similar situation wants to get a flat together, let me know!

Hi to all,

I'm Angelica and I'm new here at expat. I'm hoping I could get a job from New Zealand or a work permit .

Hi I was thinking of going mid jan then where in auckland you want apt?

Hi Zee,

Salam kenal!
My name is Nia, I'm from Indonesia ( from jakarta and lives in Bali precisely ). I have planning move to NZ on next year and live with my partner in Auckland. I am a bit worry about the difficulties about looking a job same like you. if you don't mind, can we exchange phone number or your email. I need somebody could help to answering my questions. I have a lot of questions and (need some advise) about many things that i have to prepare for moving there.

Cheers,
Nia from Bali  :)

Hi there, I am also planning to move in Feb 2018, my preference is Auckland.

my preference is Auckland.

Everyone who arrives at NZ has a preference of Auckland. I wonder how the city will accommodate in future.

Hi
I'm Structural Engineer and having more than 10years work experience in all construction fields such as RC and steel building design, bridge design, prestressed post-stressed concrete design and infrastructural design besides possessing very apt experience in project management. I'm endeavouring to get a job offer in New Zealand and move there forever.

Closed