Where to live in Alicante as a student

Hello all,

I am a French Canadian who will do an exchange in Alicante, Spain. I'll be studying at The Universidad de Alicante, and I am therefore beginning to look at what barrios would be best to live in, so I welcome any suggestions. Here are some information about me and what I am looking for;

I can live alone, or with locals (but not in a family as I wanna keep some freedom) or at least people speaking Spanish. English would be fine too.

I will be in Alicante for about 6 months, to begin with, and I will be arriving mid-august to look for a flat. Speaking of that, is it possible to not have a one year contract? Is there a minimum stay in Spain?

I am looking for something not too far for the University, by walk or a short bus/tram ride. It is ok if I am not in the center, as long as I have access to some amenities and bus/tram.

Concerning my budget, it is hard to tell as I have no idea how much that could cost (I have lived in England and Canada, but never in Spain). Is something around 350 euros feasable, with a double bed, furnished and water/electricity/wifi included?

Thank you very very much for your advices!!

:)
Good morning,

I cannot tell you prices for renting, but the best place for you to look for accommodation suitable for students at Alicante University, is the lovely area in which it is situated......San Vicente del Raspeig.

There are many purpose built accommodation buildings which are usually showing some vacancies and also some private rentals within the community, so there are very many student facilities in the area

Have a look on line, but be warned, Valenciana is the dialect locally and it can be more tricky to understand even if you have excellent knowledge of Spanish.

Good luck 🍀

Hello,

Thank you very much for your answer! I believe I would need to take the train then to go to the main city, as San Vicente is a bit outside Alicante, right?

Do people still speak Spanish, as I want to learn Spanish and NOT Valenciana...

Thank you!