Driving license convert

I got recently driving license in Oman and i got offer in Qatar even i have one more offer in UAE, so can i convert my Omani Driving license to any of these GCC country like UAE or QATAR ??!! Please suggest me and also the detailed proceedures...
Thank you.....

got recently driving license in Oman and i got offer in Qatar even i have one more offer in UAE, so can i convert my Omani Driving license to any of these GCC country like UAE or QATAR ??!! Please suggest me and also the detailed proceedures...
Thank you.....

Yes, usually Driving license of all GCC nations can be converted with other GCC nation, but may be they take few tests like eyesight e.t.c.
I bring my Saudi driving license here in Oman and it was converted to Omani driving license with minimal fee, eye sight test and simple documentation procedure.

Hello sir / madam I do have valid Bahrain driving licence can I convert it in to oman driving with simple fee or shall I have to give test haste n all please do guide

Please enquire more about UAE. I think you can convert in Qatar  very easy....!

Hello sir,
I would like to know that I posses bahrain valid driving license, how can I get oman driving license if I move to oman.
Thank You

Asif_Hassan wrote:

Yes, usually Driving license of all GCC nations can be converted with other GCC nation, but may be they take few tests like eyesight e.t.c.
I bring my Saudi driving license here in Oman and it was converted to Omani driving license with minimal fee, eye sight test and simple documentation procedure.

@Asif_Hassan
Great to know that Saudi Driving License can be converted to Omani Driving License.
Could you please tell us what are the requirements they asked you to provide before they converted your KSA Driving License to Oman?

I am currently in KSA and planning to move in Oman this coming August 2018. I would appreciate your feedback as I also wish to convert my Saudi Driving License to Oman.

Hope you'll notice my message query.

Many thanks.

Hi @Luckyee, there was a previous thread discussing about the Saudi to Omani driver's license conversion procedure. Please look it up in my previous post around mid May 2018. It involves getting an endorsement letter from Traffic Police and attestation from Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Anyhow I will be going through the process here in Oman in the coming days, I'll make a point to share how it goes soon.

Ok guys and gals, now this is the latest update on Saudi to Omani driving license conversion - at least for me and my other Saudi driving license holder friends who processed our conversion in Sohar.

As of last week, all Saudi driving license holders need to wait for a month (as indicated by the ROP personnel). When you arrive at the ROP office, they will make a copy of your Saudi driving license, send it over to Muscat and from there they will contact Saudi traffic police to check whether the licence is legitimate. This will take a month. Once the licence is verified, your name will be put up in a list of names, kept at the ROP office. If the verification is all ok, the conversion then can be done within half an hour (basic eye test, pay a small fee).

Some get the verification done earlier than a month, but safest bet would be one month.

Dear Sir
            Thanks for your valuable information. Actually I also have Saudi driving license and I want to convert it to omani license. I am currently in Oman. My Saudi license start from Feb 2018 and it is valid upto 2022. Can it will be convertible as it is not much old. Your reply will be highly appreciated.

Yes @Goapl8117, you can convert your Saudi license to Oman licence. But it will take a month on average, just go to the ROP driving license department and inform them you want to convert your Saudi license.

Dear Goapl8117,

I converted my Saudi Driving License to Oman Driving License 21/2 yrs back. But the  problem was  that I was having an Automatic DL of Saudi and in Oman it is mandatory for men to give DL test on Manual car.

The guy  in ROP said they would have issued me the Oman DL if I would have Manual Saudi DL without any test.

But as i was having an Automatic Saudi DL he informed me that I need to undergo the DL test in Oman.

After a brief period of request he removed drum test for me, so I had to undergo vision test, road sign test,slope test and road test.

Points to remember:

1) Take your Saudi DL along with a copy of it to ROP Driving License building.
2) They  will take the copy of it and ask you to come after 2 weeks to verify it.
3) If your Arabic is not good take any Omani friend along with you to somewhat convince the officer
4) It is not necessary you undergo the same process as i went,  it all depends on the situation and the officer.
5) Even if you have to undergo the complete process dont get panic....if you know driving you will get your license in one or two attempts(remember confidence is the key while giving test)

Best of Luck!!

Hi Modjo,

Is it possible to drive with a Saudi license in Oman for a few months till this license conversion process is completed?

Regards,
Sujoy

Hi Sujoy, I inquired at the ROP station when I initiated the conversion and was informed that legally it is not allowed to use foreign driving license once you obtain your resident card.

This was confirmed when I was stopped by ROP officer during a roadblock - but - he let me go because my resident card was only 2 weeks old at that time. Similar cases with other new joiners in my batch.

Short answer is no it's not allowed, penalty can be as severe as 3-day jail time (not verified).

Also an update with regards to waiting time for confirmation/authentication from Saudi traffic police - shortest turnaround time I've seen so far was 3 days (with special assistance from Muscat), mostly 1 month (via usual procedure in Sohar), and 2.5 months and counting for some (via usual procedure in Sohar).

In the end, it all depends on luck?  :/

Hi Modjo,

Thanks for your swift reply. Got it. However, the strange thing is, all the rental companies are saying I can rent a car with the Saudi license. Shouldn't they know better? Or they're just going for the money?

Regards,
Sujoy

@modjo.... I have both Saudi and Oman visa.
New to Oman.

Will Oman rop take my Saudi driving licence when they give oman license?
or give back Saudi driving licence with new oman license?

Thanks a lot brother♥️

Hi Sujoy, they do let us rent cars without question for the first month or so. Most will be nervous and some will refuse to rent out after that. They understand that ROP will likely be less strict in the beginning few weeks.

A friend was just refused to extend his rental two days back (using his Saudi license for 2.5 months now) and he had to scout for other rental companies.

You're more than welcome bro @AbidHamza, they will not take the Saudi license - you'll get to keep both licenses with you.

Thanks Modjo for the info.

modjo wrote:

You're more than welcome bro @AbidHamza, they will not take the Saudi license - you'll get to keep both licenses with you.

@AbidHamza and all, wrong info about this - my Saudi license was taken by ROP because according to them it is no longer valid after I converted to Omani license.

I won't be needing it anymore - even though it's valid until 2023 - and I let them take it. Another guy who's from Egypt got back his Egyptian license, because he would need it when he goes back home.

Hi Modjo,

How long did it take you to get the Omani one?

Regards,
Sujoy

Hi Sujoy, 63 days. It feels like hitting the jackpot! The waiting part is inconvenient but nothing more than that.

Wow. Thanks for the info. Will mentally prepare for that kind of a time frame.

Sir
Finally I got the license.
Actually procedure is very short.
Just go ROP and give photocopy of your Saudi driving license with labour card copy to them. Than they will take your phone number and after three weeks any person from ROP will call you if it's confirmed. I got a call and I went to ROP. They take vision test and fees 10.200 RO and finally give me license. It takes only three weeks for me for converting Saudi license to omani license. Thanks to all that give me the valuable information.

Congrats

Thank very much

Hi friends, 
I have valid Bahrain driving licence,  is it possible to  convert Omani driving license.
Please clarify.

Hi guys,

I have Qatar Automatic- Driving License, is it possible to convert into Oman DL ?

Hi All,

Whoever is going to Oman from Saudi and want to convert their licenses need to wait for at least 3 weeks to get the license "verified" from the Saudi traffic department before it can be converted. However, a much easier way is to get a verification paper from the Saudi traffic department and then get it attested by MOFA and the Omani embassy in Riyadh. Once you have that paper it takes less than an hour to get an Omani license. I strongly suggest anybody who is still in Saudi To get this paper before going to Oman. If you're already in Oman, your best bet is to wait and check with the ROP from time to time. The only good thing though, is that you don't have to take the driving test. However, it is illegal to drive with a foreign license if you are in Oman as a resident, although people do drive. if you're caught, you might get a fine. This is all a rehash of what people have already mentioned here but thought I'd still share my personal experience.
Good luck to all the expats!

Sujoy

Hi Mr.Sujoy,

Thanks for your reply. Is it something like that for verification certificate available in Qatar traffic department? Still, I am in Qatar only. Pls let me know the info, so that i can collect it immediately.

Regards,
Naveen

Hi Nav 42,

Sorry, I have no clue about Qatar but I'm sure somebody  here can and will help you. All the best.

Sujoy

Thank you..

Naveen, my ex-Qatar friends didn't require the paper like ex-Saudis. But last case as of Aug 2018, automatic transmission cannot be converted to manual Omani license - re-test is required.

Hi Modjo,

Thanks for your reply. Maybe i will go there by October 2018. Will check myself and update here.

Regards,
Naveen

Hi all is there any updates on conversion of automatic UAE licence to Oman Licence...

Hi have you convert do the license
How you did it ?

Sohar or Oman police you went to convert the license

Just to update in this year 2019 about Saudi Driving License converting into Omani Driving License.

The procedure is the same as mentioned above in this thread. In Muscat area, you have to wait for 3 to 4 weeks for verification.

In my case, my company PRO took a copy of my labour card and KSA driving license and he brought to Seeb Driving License Office along with the original license card (since I have no time to go in ROP Seeb during that time) the first week of this month Feb.

Just today 27 Feb. I went to Driving License office in Seeb, I submit the ff:

Filled form in Arabic (You can get the form in the receptionist)
Original copy of my eye test (This can be done outside or in the driving license office)
Copy of my KSA driving license and the original card as well
Copy of Labour card
passport copy and  visa copy
Letter from the company (This letter is no need according to the Staff in Counter 3)

I proceed to Counter 3, and I was asked if I went there before, I told her it was my company PRO who brought my KSA driving license in this office 3 weeks ago.

Luckily, when she checked the list, my name is already there in the list. 😜👏👍

Proceed to counter 6, then counter 9 for payment (10 RO) and then last counter to collect the Omani Diving License Card 👏

The validity of the card is one year only but you can renew it for 2 or 5 years. The 10 years validity is no longer available as per the new rules.

We are lucky because we already have GCC driving license. It will cost you 500 RO (which is 5,000 in Saudi Riyal) if you are a new applicant for a driving license in Oman (GCC).

Happy converting guys!

BR.

I too converted ,
Oi yeah :)
Same procedure
Took 40 days
Converted from sohar police

I arranged one person to do all the formalities and paid him 20 riyal

Hi All,

Can anyone confirm if its possible to convert USA State of Florida license to Omani License.

Many thanks.