Camel Races Information!!!!

I am looking for information on the Camel races. When? Where? Etc...

(Almost) every Saturday around 14:00, here:

https://goo.gl/maps/4j2m3GUuv3k

Thank you, Sir.

No problem! It is a bit of a drive, and i said "almost every Saturday" as once I got there and it was not taking place. I am sure there are announcements online, but I am also sure it is all in Arabic. :)

that would be fun to see

Right! I don't see how it could not be fun....

It is interesting, and somewhat funny as it is obvious that the poor camel was not designed by nature to be a sprint runner. They kind of look like old fat ladies desperately trying to catch a bus which is about to leave.

Also, they have remote controlled robots with a whip strapped on their backs. :)

lol. i dunno why i'm already amused. i might have to look for some in saudi

When I first saw a picture of a camel race, I thought they were little monkeys. Obviously, that would have been Extra Awesome lol. But, I guess robots are cool too.

Races are held every Saturday between October and April, from 2:30pm..it's  a tourist friendly place women and kids can go, you can taste camel milk and camel butter with some dates.

Ribosom wrote:

It is interesting, and somewhat funny as it is obvious that the poor camel was not designed by nature to be a sprint runner. They kind of look like old fat ladies desperately trying to catch a bus which is about to leave.

Also, they have remote controlled robots with a whip strapped on their backs. :)

Before you let your imagination takes you away with the  old `fat' ladies, you may want to read or just scan the history of camel races in the peninsula. It is one of the oldest desert sports in the history. They  are in fact  created or, as you put it,'designed' to race just like horses.

I meant no disrespect to camels, just my observation as an ignorant bystander. :)

Ribosom wrote:

I meant no disrespect to camels, just my observation as an ignorant bystander. :)

Ok, Camels forgave you ;p