The holiday season in Panama

Hello everyone,

Are you about to celebrate the holiday season in Panama? In many countries and cultures, the festive season is the time for happiness and reunions/gatherings. Is it so in Panama? How do Panamanians celebrate this very special time of the year?

What about you? Will you spend the holiday season in your host country or in your home country? Will there be expat reunions/celebrations/parties in your region/town/area?

Thank you in advance for sharing!

Priscilla

Usually, I head back to Toronto for the Xmas and New Year

This time, I'm staying in Panama. I don't feel like tolerating the snow and winter this year (LOL)

Problem is: Panama can be rather dull and boring around the Xmas, especially for an expat with no family here

Very much so...my third Christmas here and my first in my own home. It was better when I was renting, we partook with the the family we rented from...

You need Panamanian friends! Here in David and I imagine all over the country, there is a lot going on, parties, fireworks, music, dinners, and socializing. Especially if you are alone they will invite you to enjoy whatever they are doing. New Years is more of the same, and its interesting to see the various traditions and activities the Panamanians like to do.

I'm in Panama City

Merry Christmas to all!
I'm in Panama city for the holidays also. If anyone here has any ideas or suggestions for get togethers or events, I would love to participate. Cheers!
Kim